11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having an issue with LKAS where the car will hug the right lane markers when steering assist is active. Has anybody else noticed this problem? Any solutions proposed? I’ve already checked and read through the big LKAS tip thread where it’s mentioned that EZ Pass may be affecting. EZ Pass mount position does not impact my problem at all.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Mine is pretty much dead centre, it can drift left or right slightly, I think you need to get your system aligned by the dealer as that doesn't sound right. When you look at the indicator on the center dash does it accurately reflect what is happening on the road or does it display the car in the centre of the lane ?

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport (Aegean Blue)
116 Posts
I have been having an issue with LKAS where the car will hug the right lane markers when steering assist is active. Has anybody else noticed this problem? Any solutions proposed? I’ve already checked and read through the big LKAS tip thread where it’s mentioned that EZ Pass may be affecting. EZ Pass mount position does not impact my problem at all.
Did you remove it test the theory or are you just assuming?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is pretty much dead centre, it can drift left or right slightly, I think you need to get your system aligned by the dealer as that doesn't sound right. When you look at the indicator on the center dash does it accurately reflect what is happening on the road or does it display the car in the centre of the lane ?
It’s picky about which roads it wants to behave properly on. Sometimes it’s dead center and all is good. Other times it wants to stay to the right of the lane. I took it to the dealer and they couldn’t reproduce the issue so no fix was advised.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have noticed it hadsa hard time when the road has the cracks filled in with black tar which makes crazy lines all over the road so it keeps adjusting left and right. Once past that it was perfectly still on the middle of the freeway.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I’m noticing this as well. Nicely marked and non reflective road the cars has no trouble. Shimmery reflective roads and or dull or skewed or extra lines give the car trouble

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure if this fits in your scenario, I had friends visiting and we were dropping them to the airport with luggage in the back. The civic sedan boots being how it is we definitely had more weight on one side , the steering was hugging the left marker (RHD here) and even drifting off after lane departure warning. Dropped them off and car ran straight on the way back. Was about 40 kms each way so a lot of time to troubleshoot at various speeds.
Some sensor likely is affected by the angle of the car and reacts accordingly, I’ve been seeing a few cars facing steering rack issues here as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I want to add to this discussion. It just happened the second time today. The lane keep assist suddenly starts to pull to right to the point where lane departure alert sounded. I actively have to fight the system to keep the car centered.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Haven't noticed this mentioned: in my area...unfortunately there has been years of road work going on so that they have to do lane adjustments here and there and I will come across sections where the lane markings were removed, but they're kind of still there if that makes sense.
Like it used to be a white line but with the lane shift they remove the white line and there's just like...you can see where the lines used to be. Well my LKAS notices those sometimes and tries to steer and gives me warnings, could that be what's happening to you all? Just a thought.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Haven't noticed this mentioned: in my area...unfortunately there has been years of road work going on so that they have to do lane adjustments here and there and I will come across sections where the lane markings were removed, but they're kind of still there if that makes sense.
Like it used to be a white line but with the lane shift they remove the white line and there's just like...you can see where the lines used to be. Well my LKAS notices those sometimes and tries to steer and gives me warnings, could that be what's happening to you all? Just a thought.
This was on the freeway. Pretty clear lane markings. No recently painted markers. So I don't think it could be that issue. Another fact to support is that I can see the car pulling to the right on my instrument dashboard (sport touring digital cluster shows tesla like visualization) so it can detect the lines alright. The control logic for the LKAS seems buggy here.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not sure if this fits in your scenario, I had friends visiting and we were dropping them to the airport with luggage in the back. The civic sedan boots being how it is we definitely had more weight on one side , the steering was hugging the left marker (RHD here) and even drifting off after lane departure warning. Dropped them off and car ran straight on the way back. Was about 40 kms each way so a lot of time to troubleshoot at various speeds.
Some sensor likely is affected by the angle of the car and reacts accordingly, I’ve been seeing a few cars facing steering rack issues here as well.
This happens to me routinely. My car routinely pulls to the right of the lane and I haven’t yet figured out a pattern after 32,000 miles. I’ve tried having the dealer look and they can’t reproduce it. And what’s weirder is that it doesn’t happen all the time. I have a theory that it might be when the road is on a slant perpendicular to the direction of travel and the car pulls down the slope (in most cases to the right)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts