11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
OK, so it hit me that with the new car here with more power (180hp and 170 lb-ft of torque) that increase in power is very slight, but torque is up almost 10%.

The 10th Gen Si has 205 hp and 192 lb-ft.

So what do you think the new Si's ratting will be?

210 hp?
205 lb-ft?

Thoughts?
Guesses?

·
Registered
827 Posts
210 hp and 205 torque in the 11th gen Civic Si sounds about right to me. Power was always enough and never much of a concern but improvements to the powerband will help.

A better suspension setup could help even more and it's already one of the things Honda highlighted on for models below the Si.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
OK, so it hit me that with the new car here with more power (180hp and 170 lb-ft of torque) that increase in power is very slight, but torque is up almost 10%.

The 10th Gen Si has 205 hp and 192 lb-ft.

So what do you think the new Si's ratting will be?

I NEED a Hatchback Si. If it does not happen I will be making a Spoon 11th gen Hatchback, it will be easy since the engine will be carryover. Just need to wait for them to make the rest of the parts since spoon now has an interest in the non R hatch

210 hp?
205 lb-ft?

Thoughts?
Guesses?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Anyone want a Civic Si with sportier exterior and interior styling?

I think Honda has kept it quite mild for too long.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Anyone want a Civic Si with sportier exterior and interior styling?

I think Honda has kept it quite mild for too long.
The interior has kinda always been mild yet tasteful, the exterior is where I hope to see it shine. I unfortunately didn’t like the HPD version of the new civic that much due to how everything looks slapped on and matted. I hope the Si looks better than it 😂

·
Registered
520 Posts
So one thing thing that I've been trying to wrap my head around is whether or not the Si is going to be sedan and/or hatchback because depending on what happens has some interesting implications.

If it's a sedan, will it have a manual or only be automatic? because as we all know by now the Civic sedan is only offered with an automatic. If they offer a manual that's great but seems counterproductive to what they've already announced. If it's only an automatic that's going to be a letdown for a lot of people.

If it's a hatchback that won't be an issue because Honda already said the hatch's are getting manuals. It wouldn't be the first time there's been a Si hatchback but it would break Honda's recent run of Si sedans.

Has anyone else thought about this or is it just me? haha.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
So one thing thing that I've been trying to wrap my head around is whether or not the Si is going to be sedan and/or hatchback because depending on what happens has some interested implications.

If it's a sedan, will it have a manual or only be automatic? because as we all know by now the Civic sedan is only offered with an automatic. If they offer a manual that's great but seems counterproductive to what they've already announced. If it's only an automatic that's going to be a letdown for a lot of people.

If it's a hatchback that won't be an issue because Honda already said the hatch's are getting manuals. It wouldn't be the first time there's been a Si hatchback but it would break Honda's recent run of Si sedans.

From my understanding Si’s have always been manual, so I’m assuming any trim of Si would be manual BUT you’re right, Honda did say sedans would only be auto? It seems like the case for the Si hatchback keeps getting stronger and stronger 😈. But regardless I would assume Honda might have jumbled their words or would hope they did because an automatic Si just ain’t it

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
135 Posts
If I was taking a wild guess at what will happen...

There will be both a hatch and sedan Si model. With the coupe being gone, and the hatch taking it over in sales, it makes sense to offer both body styles in Si form. Second bit... the EXL trim is now gone, that leaves a sizeable pricing gap in the lineup between EX and Touring. I believe the new Si models will slot into this range and feature a mixture of EX and Touring level equipment, mostly EX level, but perhaps getting the fully digital instrument cluster, as well as the Bose audio, two features I feel would mesh best with the Si, while keeping the smaller 7" infotainment from the EX level. Obviously interior would be cloth as well.

Second prediction, first ever Si with an auto OPTION. Both models will remain standard with manuals, but will offer either a 8- speed DCT (sourced from the acura ILX) or 10-speed auto option (from Accord). Not only would this vastly expand the sales potential of the Si to a wider audience, but would also help the civic lineup mirror the accord lineup more closely. The accord sport is offered in both base engine and upgraded engine variants. We can imagine that the Si is essentially the upgraded version of the base sport trim for the Civics.

If I was going to try and guess at other upgrades the Si might get... possibly a power bump to 220-230hp. It's already been proven that the 1.5T can handle more power thanks to Hondata and Ktuner. With a sturdier transmission I don't think a 15-20hp bump is out of the question. Considering the Hyundai veloster turbo (the closest competition to the Si in terms of content and price) having a 0-60 time of 5.9-6.2 seconds depending on transmission choice, the civic si needs to drop a few tenths off it's current times to stay competitive.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Man

There will be both a hatch and sedan Si model. With the coupe being gone, and the hatch taking it over in sales, it makes sense to offer both body styles in Si form. Second bit... the EXL trim is now gone, that leaves a sizeable pricing gap in the lineup between EX and Touring. I believe the new Si models will slot into this range and feature a mixture of EX and Touring level equipment, mostly EX level, but perhaps getting the fully digital instrument cluster, as well as the Bose audio, two features I feel would mesh best with the Si, while keeping the smaller 7" infotainment from the EX level. Obviously interior would be cloth as well.

Second prediction, first ever Si with an auto OPTION. Both models will remain standard with manuals, but will offer either a 8- speed DCT (sourced from the acura ILX) or 10-speed auto option (from Accord). Not only would this vastly expand the sales potential of the Si to a wider audience, but would also help the civic lineup mirror the accord lineup more closely. The accord sport is offered in both base engine and upgraded engine variants. We can imagine that the Si is essentially the upgraded version of the base sport trim for the Civics.

If I was going to try and guess at other upgrades the Si might get... possibly a power bump to 220-230hp. It's already been proven that the 1.5T can handle more power thanks to Hondata and Ktuner. With a sturdier transmission I don't think a 15-20hp bump is out of the question. Considering the Hyundai veloster turbo (the closest competition to the Si in terms of content and price) having a 0-60 time of 5.9-6.2 seconds depending on transmission choice, the civic si needs to drop a few tenths off it's current times to stay competitive.
you should have posted that in my thread 😂 great points!! I can’t wait for a Hatch Si !

·
Registered
520 Posts

Welcome to the forum @RobbJK! That does make a lot of sense for how Honda could approach things. I could also see it being that the Civic Si sedan is the automatic model while the Civic Si hatchback is the manual only model for enthusiasts. I guess it depends on how hard Honda wants to enforce this no manuals for the Civic sedan rule. I completely forgot about the ILX's DCT that would definitely fit for the Si.

I've seen a couple videos with the Veloster N and I have to say what Hyundai has done is pretty impressive. I think it's put Honda on notice a bit with its performance numbers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So one thing thing that I've been trying to wrap my head around is whether or not the Si is going to be sedan and/or hatchback because depending on what happens has some interesting implications.

they were obviously talking about regular sedans (lx,ex,touring) being automatic, every article that mentioned sedans being automatric, also mension the si being manual, the type r is hatchback they dont need the si to be too.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
they were obviously talking about regular sedans (lx,ex,touring) being automatic, every article that mentioned sedans being automatric, also mension the si being manual, the type r is hatchback they dont need the si to be too.
I really hope so... but I worry. It's funny that I always just assumed Si buyers bought the Coupe, but if you pay attention it seems almost all of them are sedans.

·
Registered
520 Posts
That's true, if the Si will still be a sedan it shouldn't be too much of a hassle for Honda to swap the transmissions. I do like the idea of them offering both a Si hatch and sedan though because the price gap to the Type R is a lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Civic SI sedan will be manual only. Power will be bumped up to 218hp/212Ib-ft. Dual exhaust outlets, rather that the single center outlet.

Civic sport touring hatch is out and replaced with the “SI touring”. And will be available with a manual or 8 speed automatic.

sport hatch will have 190hp/180Ib-ft with premium fuel. Manual or cvt

type R will 335hp/305Ib-ft manual only

·
Registered
827 Posts
Civic SI sedan will be manual only. Power will be bumped up to 218hp/212Ib-ft. Dual exhaust outlets, rather that the single center outlet.

Civic sport touring hatch is out and replaced with the “SI touring”. And will be available with a manual or 8 speed automatic.

sport hatch will have 190hp/180Ib-ft with premium fuel. Manual or cvt

type R will 335hp/305Ib-ft manual only
Welcome @Happyhourhero.
I hope you're right about those model configurations. What do you think weight could be like?
In the new base LX Sedan it's 68 lbs lighter than the outgoing version!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts