11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport Touring
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanted to share how awesome KTuner is. So I was going to flash my car today and realized my ECU wasn’t on the list. Which is fine since the car is so new.
I emailed support this morning and they responded in less than 2 minutes. They walked me through the learning process to scan my cars ECU to send them the info so they can add it to the list.
They will notify me when it’s ready.
Just wanted to share. Hopefully I get an update early this week and get this boost up on this car. Can’t wait.

Reactions: Bob and Baldilocks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also helps you guys with Sport Touring CVT’s. Our ECU is not supported just yet but will be soon. I’ll keep you posted.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't heard that one. What difference does mileage make?
I’ve tuned 2 Honda’s on Ktuner and the rest on Hondata. I always flash them or had them chipped around 500 miles. No, it’s not going to hurt it. Mileage is about the same but on more aggressive tunes quality high test fuel is necessary

Reactions: OsidePunker

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just received the Beta for my car from KTuner. Will try tonight after work.

Reactions: Bob and OsidePunker

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Computer Personal computer Laptop Netbook Touchpad

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And she’s all done. Flash went perfectly. Cars hitting 21 PSI and trans temps staying low.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They include them so you decent mileage and different driving modes. Remember that’s peak boost. You won’t hit it all the time. It hit 20 psi and pulled pretty good. I’m coming from a FBO 2.0T Accord with flex fuel on stage 4. Lil car moves out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It’s at 18 psi in eco and 21 for the rest.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic ST Sonic Gray Pearl
79 Posts
Right. Thats why I asked. So if its peak boost, it should run low boost if you're just taking it easy. For example, if I'm just cruising at 70mph, wouldn't the 21psi map and the 18psi map run the same low boost since you're only part throttle?

Seems to me like someone could just run the 21psi map all the time and just be gentle on the gas when they want better gas mileage. Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right. Thats why I asked. So if its peak boost, it should run low boost if you're just taking it easy. For example, if I'm just cruising at 70mph, wouldn't the 21psi map and the 18psi map run the same low boost since you're only part throttle?

Seems to me like someone could just run the 21psi map all the time and just be gentle on the gas when they want better gas mileage. Or am I missing something?
yes, you got it now. If your just cruising the car is not evenin boost. I’m getting 29mpg city on the stage 2 map. The more you lay into the throttle the more boost you will get.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT in PWP
203 Posts
Nice to hear!

I am eagerly waiting for the CARB legal variant from Hondata to give a little more boost and HP in the upper RPMs for passing power, the only thing I've felt is lacking in my ST after coming to it from my 2007 Acura TSX 6MT

In that car I had also had a Comptech Icebox air intake, so assuming a CARB legal intake upgrade (like from Mishimoto) is made in the next year for the 2022 Civic 1.5T models, I'll be done with my light, 50 state legal, still-getting-great-MPG-for-daily-driving performance mods

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT in PWP
203 Posts
I just realized the 11th gen (base) Civics lost the turbo boost gauge on the dash, and you have an external display showing things like engine temp and boost pressure on your left

Is that a display for a WiFi or Bluetooth connected streaming OBDII scanner? I wonder if there are any with an app that would work on the center console display...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There are no Jail breaks for the 11th gen at this time. The KTuner V2 display is wired in to the port. I tucked the wires.
The KTuner 1.2 is Bluetooth and can be viewed on the TunerView app on Android devices. I had that set up in my Accord.

Speedometer Car Vehicle Odometer Tachometer

1 - 20 of 45 Posts