11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn’t seriously in he market for a car until a few weeks ago and needed something that would get great highway gas mileage and also be a little fun to me.

I wanted a Maverick, but not the ecoboost model, good luck with that, can not be obtained. The next thing on the list was an Si. Called all of the dealers in the region and learned they were all doing tremendous ADM when they got one in that wasn’t spoken for, no way was I paying 10-12k over sticker, no way.

Was in contact with a dealer about an hour away and they had one that was going to be built early December that wasn’t spoken for, they had a markup but it wasn’t nearly as high as the other dealers and I told them I was interested but didn’t give a deposit. A week goes by and sales guy calls me and says you still want the Si? Was going to put a deposit down and he said that he had one a buyer backed out of in transit already. Two days later I picked it up with 3 miles on the odometer. Neato.

·
Vendor
11 Posts
I wasn’t seriously in he market for a car until a few weeks ago and needed something that would get great highway gas mileage and also be a little fun to me.

I wanted a Maverick, but not the ecoboost model, good luck with that, can not be obtained. The next thing on the list was an Si. Called all of the dealers in the region and learned they were all doing tremendous ADM when they got one in that wasn’t spoken for, no way was I paying 10-12k over sticker, no way.

Was in contact with a dealer about an hour away and they had one that was going to be built early December that wasn’t spoken for, they had a markup but it wasn’t nearly as high as the other dealers and I told them I was interested but didn’t give a deposit. A week goes by and sales guy calls me and says you still want the Si? Was going to put a deposit down and he said that he had one a buyer backed out of in transit already. Two days later I picked it up with 3 miles on the odometer. Neato.
Congrats on the new ride! Any mods planned?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don’t think I ever would have guessed that someone would be cross shopping an Si against a Maverick!

Congrats, you chose the option that is about 1000x more fun to drive!
MPG was king in this purchase with fun coming in second, but sun was still on the list. Maverick hybrid gets killer mileage and has a small truck bed, that sounds fun.

My “fun” car is a 2016 Chevy SS with a manual, good fun car, dreadful premium gas mileage, but fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts