11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very disappointed with the unprofessionalism and blatant manipulation of this dealership. I got them down a mesley $500 off MSRP and reserved a 2022 Civic on Aug. 1 of 2021 and was told the VIN that I had put my deposit on was "in transit" and would be on the lot by September 11th. On OCTOBER 4th the dealership finally informed me, after I had reached out multiple times, that the paperwork that I and the sales manager, "JB", signed was just for "that type" of car. The sales manager on the phone said it was just a generic vin number that they put at the top of the page. (VIN numbers aren't generic that's the point of them!) They had obviously sold the car from under me after I had been waiting for months because they were able to make a bit more money. I then asked the sales manager how he felt he could smooth over the situation and he explained that they were "at the bottom end of the deal" and they couldn't even black out the logos when the next car came in. I proceeded to call out the sales manager on their antics and he voided my paperwork and shredded the files. Do not do business with Jeff Wyler, John Booth, Marcus Campbell, or their oh so generous "sales managers". Skip this dealership altogether.

This is the review I left them and if you feel so inclined, leave them one aswell. They have 4.5 stars on google and should NOT. Unforutily it's out of 3100 so my single two cents did nothing. jeff-wyler-honda-of-colerain - Google Search

On the other hand, I am looking for another 2022 Civic, so if you are a salesman reading this that has good morals and isn't going to screw me let me know. I needed it two months ago..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Very disappointed with the unprofessionalism and blatant manipulation of this dealership. I got them down a mesley $500 off MSRP and reserved a 2022 Civic on Aug. 1 of 2021 and was told the VIN that I had put my deposit on was "in transit" and would be on the lot by September 11th. On OCTOBER 4th the dealership finally informed me, after I had reached out multiple times, that the paperwork that I and the sales manager, "JB", signed was just for "that type" of car. The sales manager on the phone said it was just a generic vin number that they put at the top of the page. (VIN numbers aren't generic that's the point of them!) They had obviously sold the car from under me after I had been waiting for months because they were able to make a bit more money. I then asked the sales manager how he felt he could smooth over the situation and he explained that they were "at the bottom end of the deal" and they couldn't even black out the logos when the next car came in. I proceeded to call out the sales manager on their antics and he voided my paperwork and shredded the files. Do not do business with Jeff Wyler, John Booth, Marcus Campbell, or their oh so generous "sales managers". Skip this dealership altogether.

This is the review I left them and if you feel so inclined, leave them one aswell. They have 4.5 stars on google and should NOT. Unforutily it's out of 3100 so my single two cents did nothing. jeff-wyler-honda-of-colerain - Google Search

On the other hand, I am looking for another 2022 Civic, so if you are a salesman reading this that has good morals and isn't going to screw me let me know. I needed it two months ago..
Did you share your experience on Dealer Rater as well?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm sorry but your post's title cracks me up lol. All jokes aside, I feel your pain. I was looking for a Palisade for my wife for 3 months and had this exact situation happen to me where the dealership sold the car I was waiting on to another customer. I ended up getting lucky and finding another dealer that would sell me the car $500 under MSRP, but did have to expand my radius to out of state (live in MD, purchased in PA). Unfortunately inventory is such these days that if you need a car you just have to take the risk on all these in-transit vehicles and hope the dealership won't screw you over. What I did to try to protect myself though is talk to multiple dealerships even after I had locked down the car to keep my options open. It may sound shitty to lead on other salesman but you gotta do what you gotta do to get a car these days. I'll be looking to get the SI whenever it comes out and hoping this won't happen to me again.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Usually those reviews are BS if the dealer is crap!
Absolutely correct!
All those reviews (google, whatnot) are BS. Written by business owners having zillion different emails.
I look only at BAD reviews to see how they concern me considering they are from actual customers as nobody will badmouth his/her own business.

·
Super Moderator
173 Posts
I am living a nightmare situation with Honda Of Seattle damaging several parts on my 22 already so yeah sucks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sorry but your post's title cracks me up lol. All jokes aside, I feel your pain. I was looking for a Palisade for my wife for 3 months and had this exact situation happen to me where the dealership sold the car I was waiting on to another customer. I ended up getting lucky and finding another dealer that would sell me the car $500 under MSRP, but did have to expand my radius to out of state (live in MD, purchased in PA). Unfortunately inventory is such these days that if you need a car you just have to take the risk on all these in-transit vehicles and hope the dealership won't screw you over. What I did to try to protect myself though is talk to multiple dealerships even after I had locked down the car to keep my options open. It may sound shitty to lead on other salesman but you gotta do what you gotta do to get a car these days. I'll be looking to get the SI whenever it comes out and hoping this won't happen to me again.
Haha yeah, I wanted to make the title a little click-baity. Very unfortunate but I do realize they probably sold it to someone paying 12% to finance the entire car and they were going to make wayyy more money on him than me, putting 15k down. With the limited cars available its kinda just makes business sense for them but blows for me. I gave them that grace and would have been satisfied if they just blacked out my logos ($250 at MY cost) but they still refused. That's just terrible IMO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same happened to me. I put $1000 down on a typeR at msrp. Once it came in they claimed it was damaged and refunded my deposit. Jeff Wyler Honda of Cincinnati blows. 😅🤣😂

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same happened to me. I put $1000 down on a typeR at msrp. Once it came in they claimed it was damaged and refunded my deposit. Jeff Wyler Honda of Cincinnati blows. 😅🤣😂
Yeah that dealership is a joke. Who did you end up going with? Good experience? Every dealer I talk to now isn't even willing to go to MSRP since they are all selling with the additional dealer packages no problem. I signed originally with Wyler and got $500 off MSRP with no additional dealer addons.

·
Registered
70 Posts
And did they miraculously then offer you a "different" Type R that wasn't damaged, wasn't the one you "ordered" at MSRP, but could be had for only $5000 over MSRP because they already had three other buyers offering $4500 over MSRP or some crapola like that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts