11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LET THE MEMING COMMENCE!

Seriously though, I'm suprised my search for a thread with this topic turned up empty, so I thought I might as well start one myself.

It's been fairly well documented at this point that some previous generation Civic engines did not engage VTEC until a few hundred RPMs shy of red line, with many tuners lowering the threshold to a more usable range. With the 2022 Sport (and presumably the LX), there are murmurings that those learnings have been applied to the new 2.0L models at the factory. In my experience, I believe they may be correct.

From the driver's seat, there is a distinct change in engine tone that would indicate increased intake and exhaust flow after approximately 5500 RPM. I tried capturing this on video, but my onboard phone audio does not adequately demonstrate what I'm talking about. Could anyone confirm or counter this? I would be interested in hearing from the 1.5T owners as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
LET THE MEMING COMMENCE!

Seriously though, I'm suprised my search for a thread with this topic turned up empty, so I thought I might as well start one myself.

It's been fairly well documented at this point that some previous generation Civic engines did not engage VTEC until a few hundred RPMs shy of red line, with many tuners lowering the threshold to a more usable range. With the 2022 Sport (and presumably the LX), there are murmurings that those learnings have been applied to the new 2.0L models at the factory. In my experience, I believe they may be correct.

From the driver's seat, there is a distinct change in engine tone that would indicate increased intake and exhaust flow after approximately 5500 RPM. I tried capturing this on video, but my onboard phone audio does not adequately demonstrate what I'm talking about. Could anyone confirm or counter this? I would be interested in hearing from the 1.5T owners as well.
I haven’t really noticed anything to be honest, but the 1.5t only has vtech on the exhaust side anyway.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hey @TheHags22. Some Accord 2.0 owners also believe 5500 rpm is where VTEC engages at. After Flashpro it drops to 4200 rpm.
I imagine that here it should be the same or very close.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts