11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
The moment you drive new car from the lot you at at the loos of thousands of dollars.
If you already OWN '22 Civic and want to trade it to different Civic you will be basically buying new car and trade in your current car. So dealer will 'appraise' your 'old' car and let you know of its trade in value. It does not matter if your car is 2 hours 'old' it is considered used car. Unless your dealer is very understandable person, very close relative AND has a buyer for your 'old' car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably not a good idea seeing as how the dealership is going to offer you thousands less than what you paid for it. Also, for what reason are you interested in leasing?
I've calculated it and basically if I lease the Touring 2022, the monthly payments will be the same as my 2022 LX financed. I just really want the leather seats and small perks like wireless carplay and remote start.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Sport SGP
18 Posts
Not trying to rain on your parade but it is never advisable to pursue a lease if your sole objective is to pursue a specific "low" monthly payment, especially if you're trading in a car you have less than a month with. There are so many non-public factors when it comes to calculating a lease payment like residual value, L&M fees if applicable, etc etc. Additionally any type of negative equity will exponentially inflate the payment you were hoping for. In a best case scenario if you left a substantial amount of down (whether cash or trade equity) when you bought your LX, then you may not be facing alot of negative equity if any at all, but that still will equate to thousands of dollars lost because again they will not give you anything close to what you paid for it. At the end of the day it's your money, possible yes, advisable no.

This is coming from someone with 7 years of car business experience including finance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not trying to rain on your parade but it is never advisable to pursue a lease if your sole objective is to pursue a specific "low" monthly payment, especially if you're trading in a car you have less than a month with. There are so many non-public factors when it comes to calculating a lease payment like residual value, L&M fees if applicable, etc etc. Additionally any type of negative equity will exponentially inflate the payment you were hoping for. In a best case scenario if you left a substantial amount of down (whether cash or trade equity) when you bought your LX, then you may not be facing alot of negative equity if any at all, but that still will equate to thousands of dollars lost because again they will not give you anything close to what you paid for it. At the end of the day it's your money, possible yes, advisable no.

This is coming from someone with 7 years of car business experience including finance.
Okay, thanks for the advice. I actually got a really good trade-in value for my honda civic lx 2019, which made my monthly payments on my current 2022 LX less than my lease payments on the 2019 LX. I'm trying not to feel too much buyer's remorse, but I keep looking at videos of the 2022 Touring and it makes me feel like I could have had a lot more for the same dollars a month.

Any suggestions on how to make my LX more like a Touring model? Is it even worth it to buy leather seats?

·
Registered
2022 Civic Sport SGP
18 Posts
For what it's worth, there's a huge price difference between the LX and the Touring, so it would be hard to imagine "getting a lot more for the same dollars a month". I imagine it being at least $100-$150 monthly payment difference on a purchase, a lease maybe slightly less but still more than what you're paying now.

Look into Katzkin leather. If you feel that leather is all it'll take for you to be happy with your car, then it'll absolutely be worth it as getting Katzkin installed is alot less than the amount to jump all the way up to a Touring. If you feel like you absolutely NEED all the other Touring features, then you gotta ask yourself what you value more, a low payment on a good car you don't love or a substantially higher payment on a car you'll absolutely be in love with. That's just my 2 cents..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right, but then you won't own the car afterword. You just hand it back to them and receive nothing. You're acting like whether or not you own a $15k slightly used car when the deal is done or own nothing has no influence on your decision.
You are definitely right, but I think I look at car ownership a little differently. I'm totally fine just paying a monthly payment for a vehicle to transport me. I've always included car payments in my budget, so I've never really thought or worried about whether or I'll own the car. As my salary gets larger, I'll just increase my car budget from $200 to $400. If I had the money to buy a car outright, I'd rather just put that into stocks or other investments.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You are definitely right, but I think I look at car ownership a little differently. I'm totally fine just paying a monthly payment for a vehicle to transport me. I've always included car payments in my budget, so I've never really thought or worried about whether or I'll own the car.
I still don't think you understand. It's the difference between paying $300 a month and paying $300 a month and getting $15k back at the end of the deal. That is the equity. You'll get part of your LX payments BACK when you sell the car you now own. Even if you don't care about ownership... surely you car about cold hard cash that the value of that ownership can be turned into?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Get a fast wireless charger, wireless carplay adapter.

Leather seat cover (you wont mess up your seats on your lease)

If you had an EX it would've came with remote start
I still don't think you understand. It's the difference between paying $300 a month and paying $300 a month and getting $15k back at the end of the deal. That is the equity. You'll get part of your LX payments BACK when you sell the car you now own. Even if you don't care about ownership... surely you car about cold hard cash that the value of that ownership can be turned into?
The monthly on a buy is just way higher and payments are
longer, if you like having a new-ish car you don't have to worry about

At the end of my last lease, a dealer turned my lease into a "buy" and paid it off, then gave me $7k on top of it for me to keep

·
Registered
60 Posts
Right, but then you won't own the car afterword. You just hand it back to them and receive nothing. You're acting like whether or not you own a $15k slightly used car when the deal is done or own nothing has no influence on your decision.
I did a lease on my LX and my buy-out at the end of the lease is going to be $8,000 my lease payments are $60 less per biweekly than buying the car.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring
44 Posts
Okay, thanks for the advice. I actually got a really good trade-in value for my honda civic lx 2019, which made my monthly payments on my current 2022 LX less than my lease payments on the 2019 LX. I'm trying not to feel too much buyer's remorse, but I keep looking at videos of the 2022 Touring and it makes me feel like I could have had a lot more for the same dollars a month.

Any suggestions on how to make my LX more like a Touring model? Is it even worth it to buy leather seats?
If the Touring is what ya want. Go get it and trade ya Lx in and just bite the bullet. You will never make a Lc like Touring let alone the EX-L is even far off from the Touring

1 - 16 of 16 Posts