11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Mazdaspeed MX5 Hi-Mod / 2022 Sport Touring *in transit*
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Any idea or guesses if this will work with the full digital 10.2” clusters?

·
Registered
‘22 Hatchback Touring 1.5L CVT
8 Posts
No chance. We’ll start to see these new features implemented in newly produced vehicles starting next year. Honda didn’t even support wireless CarPlay until 5 years after it was first made available. So a 2028 Civic, sure. But 2022 won’t be seeing this. Hell, they can’t even push an update to fix the lagging CarPlay system after a year, I wouldn’t expect them to release an update to support what’s essentially an entirely new platform.

That being said, I’d love to be proved wrong.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT
476 Posts
No chance. We’ll start to see these new features implemented in newly produced vehicles starting next year. Honda didn’t even support wireless CarPlay until 5 years after it was first made available. So a 2028 Civic, sure. But 2022 won’t be seeing this. Hell, they can’t even push an update to fix the lagging CarPlay system after a year, I wouldn’t expect them to release an update to support what’s essentially an entirely new platform.

That being said, I’d love to be proved wrong.
Yeah, there is a difference between an iOS 16 update to CarPlay (on your phone) and what your car will then do with it (probably requiring a software upgrade to the car, at the least).

My guess is that the CarPlay you see on any car today is what will remain, and iOS 16 CarPlay is backwards compatible - will have new APIs / hooks to extended features and functionality that newer infotainment software could make use of.

I am not sure the resolution on the 10.2" display in the 11th gen Civic is high enough for widgets, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts