11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am looking to buy a 2022 Civic EX. I will either use a buying service that solicits bids from multiple dealers or else I will do the solicitation myself. Have not decided yet. I have done both in the past. Usually, the buying service gets better bids -- and it saves me time -- so I will probably go that route. In any event, is inventory pretty low and prices correspondingly higher on the 22 Civics, as is the case with many other cars these days? What are the best prices (relative to MSRP) that you have been able to get? Thanks, Chamor

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome to the forum @chamor

What are you driving currently and what vehicles have you bought in the past using those bidding services?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Until recently, I was driving an Elantra, but I gave it away. For now (until I can get the new Civic) I am driving a much older Elantra, which I had sitting around as a spare car. Both of those were bought with the help of the buying service. I also bought a Mercedes SUV around 5 years ago, using the buying service. Other cars I have bought (a Volvo, a Honda Accord, and a BMW), I bought on my own, without the buying service. The buying service seems to save me more money than it charges, and in any event it certainly saves some time and hassle. But usually I have a decent idea of what the pricing should look like, and this time -- given the unusual market conditions -- I am less sure. Hence my question to this forum.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. Until recently, I was driving an Elantra, but I gave it away. For now (until I can get the new Civic) I am driving a much older Elantra, which I had sitting around as a spare car. Both of those were bought with the help of the buying service. I also bought a Mercedes SUV around 5 years ago, using the buying service. Other cars I have bought (a Volvo, a Honda Accord, and a BMW), I bought on my own, without the buying service. The buying service seems to save me more money than it charges, and in any event it certainly saves some time and hassle. But usually I have a decent idea of what the pricing should look like, and this time -- given the unusual market conditions -- I am less sure. Hence my question to this forum.
Welcome @chamor! I haven't used a service like that when buying a car, which one(s) do you like to use? I think at this point you shouldn't be seeing any markups from dealers. Is there a specific color you're after or are you just looking for best price available?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are some colors I like more and others less -- but color is not a huge big deal for me. My past experience is that once I get a price from a dealer, if it does not have a color that I can tolerate, it can often locate one I want from another local dealer and sell it to me at the same price, or very nearly the same price. Of course, if there is diminished inventory these days, that may not be as true as it has been in the past.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts