11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Mazda3 s Grand Touring Hatchback
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's up everyone? My name's Derek and I'm a former Civic owner who's planning a return to the fold. I had a 2018 EX Hatchback for about two years and absolutely loved it, outside of the infotainment system issues that were all-too-common with it. So I'm VERY excited about the updated interior in the 11th gen.

Currently I drive a 2014 Mazda3 s GT Hatchback, which is a solid car, but I miss Honda and its efficiency/turbo engines dearly. I'm going to get a 2022 EX Hatchback or 2021/2022 EX Sedan. Looking forward to connecting with you all in here!

edit Definitely meant to say 2022 or 2023 EX Sedan, not 2021 lol.

Here's a photo of my 10th gen Civic Hatch:

Reactions: St00k

·
Registered
656 Posts
Welcome to the forum @dbowe4415

Did you see all the new info and images that leaked already?

Seems like you're a dedicated hatchback guy... what's making you consider the sedan?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hey @dbowe4415! Welcome to the forum. Have you had a chance to check out the latest photos of the car that came out this morning?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hey @dbowe4415! Welcome to the forum. Have you had a chance to check out the latest photos of the car that came out this morning?

haha... jinx....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum @dbowe4415

Did you see all the new info and images that leaked already?

Seems like you're a dedicated hatchback guy... what's making you consider the sedan?
Thanks for the welcome! I've seen the info and photos and am liking what I'm seeing so far. I prefer the utility of the Hatchback with the greater cargo space, but like the design of the 11th gen Sedan a lot - it looks more attractive to me than the 10th gen Sedan and I like the more upright look. That said, I have to see the final production Hatchback before making a decision because I just love hatches that much.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! I've seen the info and photos and am liking what I'm seeing so far. I prefer the utility of the Hatchback with the greater cargo space, but like the design of the 11th gen Sedan a lot - it looks more attractive to me than the 10th gen Sedan and I like the more upright look. That said, I have to see the final production Hatchback before making a decision because I just love hatches that much.
I don't know if Honda has said when they'll debut the hatch....

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yeah I'm really curious to see how they approach the hatch compared to the 10th gen.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I read in the Sedan press release that the Hatch is coming out several months after the Sedan does. How long that will be, idk, but I assume it'll be 3rd or 4th quarter 2021.

Reactions: St00k

·
Registered
656 Posts
I read in the Sedan press release that the Hatch is coming out several months after the Sedan does. How long that will be, idk, but I assume it'll be 3rd or 4th quarter 2021.
That sounds reasonable. I think it's summer on-sale for the sedan too.

I guess that's one of the nice things about a car like the Civic, we're not going to be waiting 6 years from some concept to finally seeing a production model. They're getting it into market fast.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Summer for the Sedan makes a lot of sense. It's nice that the car is releasing right only a few months after the prototype released - their supply chain is solid once the product is ready.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts