11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've followed all the discussions I can find online and watched all the YouTube reviews I can but I've noticed it's all been North American like content. So my question is:

Does anyone know when Honda will start pushing the 11th gen to the rest of the world? I'm talking about the VTI and VTI-s models for international markets (right hand driven, especially.)

Will we only be getting the hatchback or will we be getting sedans as well?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've followed all the discussions I can find online and watched all the YouTube reviews I can but I've noticed it's all been North American like content. So my question is:

Does anyone know when Honda will start pushing the 11th gen to the rest of the world? I'm talking about the VTI and VTI-s models for international markets (right hand driven, especially.)

Will we only be getting the hatchback or will we be getting sedans as well?
I read that Thailand & Singapore will be launching soon, will be the first markets in Southeast Asia to get the 11 gen.
The Singapore variant will only come with a 1.5 Turbo with 128 horsepower, with halogen headlights. I'm guessing the Thailand version will be the same since Singapore imports from the Thailand factories.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read that Thailand & Singapore will be launching soon, will be the first markets in Southeast Asia to get the 11 gen.
The Singapore variant will only come with a 1.5 Turbo with 128 horsepower, with halogen headlights. I'm guessing the Thailand version will be the same since Singapore imports from the Thailand factories.
128 horsepower? That's a typo and you meant 178 right?

I called our dealership here and they said they dunno when they will get them but both trims will be 1.5T.

·
Registered
6 Posts
128 horsepower? That's a typo and you meant 178 right?

I called our dealership here and they said they dunno when they will get them but both trims will be 1.5T.
oops, I meant 129 horsepower. Not sure if it’s detuned or the same as the low efficiency turbo version in China for the 10th gen with 180nm torque.

the dealer in Singapore had to do this because we would have to pay about $10k-15k USD more in taxes for any car above 1.6L or 130 horsepower. (By bidding system)

this New civic costs about $90k USD for early bird price, delivery expected in October. I estimate it it cost about $95k USD when it’s officially launched here.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome to the forum guys!

@dihcar86 Do you have a particular preference between the sedan or hatch?

@Tony Hsienloong I heard the taxes for cars in Singapore were a lot but wow $10,000 - $15,000 for anything over 130 hp?! wow. Are you going to try and bid for a new Civic?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the forum guys!

@dihcar86 Do you have a particular preference between the sedan or hatch?

@Tony Hsienloong I heard the taxes for cars in Singapore were a lot but wow $10,000 - $15,000 for anything over 130 hp?! wow. Are you going to try and bid for a new Civic?
Yup the bids for category A (under 130hp) is around 37k USD now and category B (above 130bhp) is about 45k USD now.
I have put a deposit and going through the bidding process now, hopefully I succeed and the final price i pay will be 90k USD for this under powered variant :(

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yup the bids for category A (under 130hp) is around 37k USD now and category B (above 130bhp) is about 45k USD now.
I have put a deposit and going through the bidding process now, hopefully I succeed and the final price i pay will be 90k USD for this under powered variant :(
Is that a joke?? You are 'hoping' to pay equivalent to US$90,000 for Civic???????
How much do you earn? US$400,000/year?!?!
Can you explain this Singapour's 'bidding' system, please.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is that a joke?? You are 'hoping' to pay equivalent to US$90,000 for Civic???????
And here I was thinking we were asked to pay over the odds for Civics in Jamaica. Our base model 10th gens start at J$5.2 million (US$36,200). I'm hoping they don't charge even more for the 11th gen, even though Honda didn't raise the price much on them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

The bidding system is called the 'Certificate of entitlement' or C.O.E for short. There are two bids every month where there is a quota released by the government saying how many new cars can be registered. Upon a successful bid you will pay the premium for the COE which allows you to own a car for 10 years.

Cars are typically sold with COE premium included in the price, for this case the 11 gen civic goes for around 90K USD including COE where the dealer will bid 6 times on your behalf, if after 6 times bidding and still unsuccesful they will refund the deposit and adjust the price and you start all over again. Of course there are some dealers who offer "guaranteed bid" packages which you have to pay a few thousand dollars more.

After 10 years you are either forced to scrap the car or pay the average COE premium for the previous 3 months to renew it for another 10 years (renewable every 10 years) OR half of the average to extend it for 5 years (non renewable thereafter).

You may be surprised to hear of this ridiculous scheme but theres a few others more which keeps the prices of cars sky high in Singapore. Most recently there's a Vehicle emissions scheme introduced in the name of saving the environment where we have our own emissions standards (i'm lazy to even find out how they come up with it). With this scheme, a 10th Gen Civic Type R costs about $160k USD over here... so you pay more for a so called non environmentally friendly car...

Plenty more shenanigans about owning a car in Singapore, you can do a google search and read up if you are interested.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE: Called the local dealership on Monday and they said they're getting their 2022 versions in late August. I can't wait!

The sales rep said details are still cloudy but we will have two trims. One with fabric seats, without sunroof, one with leather seats and sunroof. I was hoping there was a fabric/sunroof option because I'm not that big a fan of leather seats, especially in a tropical climate like Jamaica's. However, both trims will have the 1.5T engine. He also said they start at $5.8 million ($37,500 American).

Thoughts?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts