11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just one of the many modern features that Americans do not get on the 2022, but might not be that difficult to correct.

We have wireless Carplay, something I have added to three of our vehicles (pretty easy, a dongle does it). But the American 2022 Si still requires a power cable to charge your device. It’s stuck in the middle of modernization. Since I often run Waze and Tidal it takes a good bit of power. Having one less thing to do before driving off would be good.

I’m thinking there might not be too much involved to modernize this.

·
Registered
465 Posts
One more Canadian feature I don't use, my phone has a cover on it and I think that impedes charging and I am not about to remove the phone each time I use it. I have a plug in charger just in case I need more juice, otherwise I charge it outside of the vehicle for the most part. It is cool feature but I just don't use it.

I hope you can source some parts and make it work, I think there is an aftermarket wireless charger kit one can purchase.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You’re probably right, not worth the trouble. To be honest I’ve never had wireless charging in a vehicle or anywhere, might not have used it much. But still a neat feature, someone will figure out what’s involved.

It is nice how with modern cars the phone can be put away out of sight and the car assume most functions. Looking forward to Carplay adding some sort of live weather radar though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I rather wire in to have better sound quality. Bluetooth is not there yet to transmit good quality music
True enough, if in Tidal or such on a trip that’s long enough for that little extra sound quality (we pay for) I wire it up rather than BT now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts