11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! Long time lurker here

Ive been thinking of grabbing a sedan instead of waiting for the hatchback seeing as I want to take a cross country trip in a new vehicle at the beginning of September. The sedan to me looks a little sportier compared to the more ‘sleek’ hatchback in my opinion. Still really trying to hold out to see it in person though.

Anyway, I know if I go with a sedan I’ll want the HPD Aero Kit and the decklid spoiler. I also have a good feeling I’ll want to respray or vinyl wrap the car maybe a year down the line if I’m still loving it as I expect to. Would having the HPD stuff installed before a respray get in the way of anything or should it really pose no problem? Is it difficult or possible to remove the accessories before the paint job and put them back on after if needed?

Also, can anyone here who got the HPD package at the time of purchase tell me if they were charged for the labour? Or since you’re buying the car with the package do they waive the charge? Obviously if I wait a year and get the hpd kit and spoiler they’d also charge me for labour.

Lots of questions, thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rallye Red)
76 Posts
Just try to wait 2 more months for the hatchback and then compare.

Patience is a virtue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just try to wait 2 more months for the hatchback and then compare.

Patience is a virtue.
They should be arriving in less than 2 weeks, my local dealer called me a week ago and said they’re on order and will be landing in the first week of September.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You might get a better deal on a sedan once the hatchbacks arrive.

You’ll be able to remove the hpd parts down the line for painting or wrapping. There’s some holes to drill on the install, then everything is held in with clips and 3M tape.

I like the trunk of the hatchback but my passengers prefer the higher rear headroom of the sedan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts