11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rallye Red)
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and I am having difficulty syncing/importing the phone contacts to my Civic's automotive head unit. I'm not sure if this applies to just my phone or all Android phones but I find it inconvenient to not be able to phone a saved contact while in my car. I am unable to select the "contacts" button when in the Phone App.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Could it be a permissions related issue? Do you need to approve access on your phone for the car to access your full list of contacts?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could it be a permissions related issue? Do you need to approve access on your phone for the car to access your full list of contacts?
On my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, there is no prompt to request me to approve access to my contact list from the Automotive Head Unit to the smartphone . I believe the issue has to do with my Note 20 Ultra than the Automotive Head Unit because I have the same problem with my former 2019 Honda Civic as well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I solved my own problem. Apparently if you receive a call or make a call using the HFL (Hands Free Link) all the contacts and recent call history from the smartphone will be synced with the 2022 Honda Civic HFL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts