11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport HPD
39 Posts
I'm only getting 20-25 MPG in my 2022 Civic Sport (only used normal mode) about 50/50 city to highway. I got 235 miles out of my last full tank of 12.4 gallons which is only 19.4 MPG. Why is my mileage so low? I had a 2017 Civic with the same engine size and got way better gas mileage.
Something is not right here. I have 3000+ miles on my Sport trim. Have not gotten below 33 with highway and in-town driving. I think when I picked it up and it was a few days over July 4th that i drove in town only and it was registering somewhere in the twenties. I have only used 87 octane 10% ethanol blend and I have seen 41 mpg with all highway but it drops fast after you get in town and start stopping and starting often.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport HPD
39 Posts
I will potentially be selling/trading the '16 civic in the next year or so for a new Si, Type R, Gti, Golf R, WRX or Sti. Something along those lines. Will have to test them all first when the opportunity comes to make a choice. I live in a snowy winter area so awd is a benefit, but I have always been partial to Honda so we'll see!
I'm only getting 20-25 MPG in my 2022 Civic Sport (only used normal mode) about 50/50 city to highway. I got 235 miles out of my last full tank of 12.4 gallons which is only 19.4 MPG. Why is my mileage so low? I had a 2017 Civic with the same engine size and got way better gas mileage.
Mileage check in. Two photos here. My current tank at 35mpg and 3700 miles overall on trip B at 33.9. This is mixed highway and in town driving. This is in Economy mode with 87 octane 10% ethanol blend fuel only. The car runs fine in Econ if I floor it it gets up to around 4500 rpms before hitting highway speeds (70-80). When in sport mode it gets closer to redline at these speeds with about 3/4 throttle. I have zero complaints.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same here! I got my 22 Sport last week. I’ve got a little over 100 miles on it and it’s a struggle to stay up above 23mpg. I’ve tried Econ and normal - mix of city and highway, with and without air. I’m driving like a granny and it’s slacking. I’m getting pretty ticked. I had a ‘12 civic LX that got amazing mpg, but three weeks ago some idiot turned in front of my and totaled it :( Please update us on what the dealership says, I’m not too far behind you if this keeps up. I got my ‘12 brand new and it was near almost 50 mpg off the lot ughhhh!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts