11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm only getting 20-25 MPG in my 2022 Civic Sport (only used normal mode) about 50/50 city to highway. I got 235 miles out of my last full tank of 12.4 gallons which is only 19.4 MPG. Why is my mileage so low? I had a 2017 Civic with the same engine size and got way better gas mileage.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Any update on this?! My Mpg is rather low and with that same window as well. Clearly something is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Still breaking in the engine though. It’s still a wee baby 🥺 I can’t let my baby go less than half a tank of gas. I get 299 miles when I fill her up though. Averaging 20.8 mpg, computer still trying to figure out how to save more gas, lol. Only high octane on this side !

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm only getting 20-25 MPG in my 2022 Civic Sport (only used normal mode) about 50/50 city to highway. I got 235 miles out of my last full tank of 12.4 gallons which is only 19.4 MPG. Why is my mileage so low? I had a 2017 Civic with the same engine size and got way better gas mileage.
Something is NOT right .I’ve got a 22 touring the lowest has been 32 mpg with my foot in it. I’m getting 34/35 now with a little over 500 miles on it .

·
Registered
34 Posts
Taking vehicle to dealership Friday morning to get it looked at.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but I run my AC in my 2019 hatch to avoid an annoyingly rough idle. RPMs drop too low at idle without the AC load. Dealer said it was within spec. Hope the 11th gen is better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The entire capacity of the tank is 12.4 gallons, so you didn't get 12.4 gallons in it unless you ran out of gas and pushed it to the pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but I run my AC in my 2019 hatch to avoid an annoyingly rough idle. RPMs drop too low at idle without the AC load. Dealer said it was within spec. Hope the 11th gen is better.
The rough idle with all hvac turned off is normal. Happens in our '16 civic and '20 crv.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum @DC2GSR. Are you looking to get a 2022 Civic to go along with your other Hondas?
I will potentially be selling/trading the '16 civic in the next year or so for a new Si, Type R, Gti, Golf R, WRX or Sti. Something along those lines. Will have to test them all first when the opportunity comes to make a choice. I live in a snowy winter area so awd is a benefit, but I have always been partial to Honda so we'll see!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I will potentially be selling/trading the '16 civic in the next year or so for a new Si, Type R, Gti, Golf R, WRX or Sti. Something along those lines. Will have to test them all first when the opportunity comes to make a choice. I live in a snowy winter area so awd is a benefit, but I have always been partial to Honda so we'll see!
Nice options to have on the table!
If you were to rank them in order of what you are most likely to get, how would that look?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Try turning off your AC if you haven’t done so already. I tried that today and it jumped right to 31.6 mpg.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice options to have on the table!
If you were to rank them in order of what you are most likely to get, how would that look?
VW would probably be 3rd. Info for the new gen wrx/sti and Si/Type R hasn't been confirmed yet so it's hard to say there. If the Type R would come with awd, it would easily be my pick. But that's a pipe dream!

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport HPD
70 Posts
It does not have this problem because it shuts down, your lucky to get any air at all. Easy to override by switch or I just don't depress the brake pedal fully. With a/c running on high at idle the car runs normally without issues. But when auto start is engaged the a/c quality is poor as to be expected when the engine is not running the compressor. But it slows the fan and numerous other things to conserve energy. If you set too long it restart on its own for lack of power I assume.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts