11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a full week of commute/carpooling going full ECON, Idle Stop, and driving really conservatively. Then I did a full week driving as I normally would.

In Econ mode, I got about 38.6mpg. Normal driving I got around 35.6mpg. So 3mpg benefit, which let's just round it off and say it gets you about 10% efficiency boost if you play it right. That's actually a very impressive gain, that just pressing a button gives you a 10% benefit.

However, what that amounts to in dollar terms, with the amount I drive annually is about $5 per month. I live in NC, and gas is about $2.90/gallon. I drive about 8-9k miles a year. I played with the numbers in my spreadsheet and if gas was $5 and I drove 15k miles per year, then ECON mode saves about $15/month. That's starting to get more material.

So final analysis, $5 per month just not worth it for me personally. The car is so much more fun to drive in normal mode and you still get fantastic mpg.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm glad to hear the Econ mode has improved. In my 2014 Civic, I used to get about 10% worse gas mileage with it on. I wasn't impressed. Generally speaking, I don't drive aggressively, but usually go 10Km/h over the limit and most of my driving is on the Hiway. I had a 2017 Civic and never bothered to try Econ mode. Now I may have to try it in my 2022!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts