11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contracted Honda Civic LX on May 3rd, Since I had not heard anything, I reached out today, and the dealer was told “Honda Canada has cut production for 2022 Civic LX models, so we have to order a 2023 model for you.” This would require me to enter a new contract that raised the interest rate of the loan and also the price of the car by about $2,000.

However, Do you have the same case as me?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I feel bad for you but this sounds about right. I order a Sport trim at the end of March and the dealer told me my order was one of the last orders that will be fulfilled for 2022. There's very small chance that Honda would fulfill an order placed in May for the previous year when they already began the production for the coming year. So unfortunately, either you have to pay more for the car, or just take your deposit back and get a different car. Either way you will have to wait for another 3-4 months.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Sport Aegean Blue
38 Posts
That's why I made sure to put a deposit down on a Civic that was already on allotment to the dealer. If they don't have it in the incoming car list, then you will be in for a long wait.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feel bad for you but this sounds about right. I order a Sport trim at the end of March and the dealer told me my order was one of the last orders that will be fulfilled for 2022. There's very small chance that Honda would fulfill an order placed in May for the previous year when they already began the production for the coming year. So unfortunately, either you have to pay more for the car, or just take your deposit back and get a different car. Either way you will have to wait for another 3-4 months.
So sad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts