11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic LX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions? there’s a ton online, but I’m wondering if there’s any specifically made for the 22 Civic in mind. And if so, what would you recommend me?

thanks,
Joel

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought the one at the top in Silver.

A little pricey, but made specifically for the 2022 Civic. Fit is very exact. Maybe too exact. There’s only about a centimeter gap between the shade and the A Pillar. So getting it in and out takes a second longer. But otherwise, good quality. Also comes with a storage bag.

They also have a couple cheaper variants. I have no experience with those though.

·
Registered
47 Posts

A little pricey, but made specifically for the 2022 Civic. Fit is very exact. Maybe too exact. There’s only about a centimeter gap between the shade and the A Pillar. So getting it in and out takes a second longer. But otherwise, good quality. Also comes with a storage bag.

They also have a couple cheaper variants. I have no experience with those though.
Oh my bad....thought he was talking about something else. Now my recommendation would be get a garage. :cool::LOL:

·
Registered
3 Posts
How's the quality if you don't mind me asking?

I bought one for my prior Civic (2009) from CarID and it wasn't great at all. The stitching came undone and the color faded after about two days of use. Then I bought one from a different website (Cover Craft) and it lasted ten years--though they don't have custom ones for 2022 Civic yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How's the quality if you don't mind me asking?

I bought one for my prior Civic (2009) from CarID and it wasn't great at all. The stitching came undone and the color faded after about two days of use. Then I bought one from a different website (Cover Craft) and it lasted ten years--though they don't have custom ones for 2022 Civic yet.
I actually own the Covercraft UVS100 for my other car.

I’d say the quality of this one is pretty close. Maybe the Covercraft is a hair nicer. But this one appears to be well made.

Can’t really comment on how it will hold up, as I’ve only had it for a week.

I actually went to Covercraft first, but like you said, they don’t have a ‘22 Civic sunshade available yet.

Overall though, I’m happy with this one.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic LX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh my bad....thought he was talking about something else. Now my recommendation would be get a garage. :cool::LOL:
Yeah haha…I do have all of my windows tinted, but I was more so wanting something to help keep the temperature down since I usually have to park in the sun. But I appreciate the suggestion nonetheless!

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic LX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Cool! Thanks, I’ll check it out!!

·
Registered
11 Posts

thought of getting one too but i got quoted 80 bucks for shipping internationally, guess I'll pass on it for now...

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic EX meteorite grey metallic/grey interior
12 Posts
I always buy from www.heatshieldstore.com

I have been buying their products for years and they never disappoint. They are custom cut to fit your entire window by make/model/year. I am purchasing a set for my new civic today! I live in a Southern state with a lot of sun. I use it all year.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic LX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I always buy from www.heatshieldstore.com

I have been buying their products for years and they never disappoint. They are custom cut to fit your entire window by make/model/year. I am purchasing a set for my new civic today! I live in a Southern state with a lot of sun. I use it all year.
Oh, nice! Yeah I live in Texas so I know exactly what you mean. I ended up buying this one and it’s supposed to be delivered today so I’m pretty anxious to see how it fits! I’ll definitely take a look at their products though for future reference. I appreciate the suggestion!

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic EX meteorite grey metallic/grey interior
12 Posts
Oh, nice! Yeah I live in Texas so I know exactly what you mean. I ended up buying this one and it’s supposed to be delivered today so I’m pretty anxious to see how it fits! I’ll definitely take a look at their products though for future reference. I appreciate the suggestion!

the added benefit to Heatshieldstore.com is that they make window covers for all the car’s windows. If I am going to be parked outside all day in the sun, I might use a back and/or side window shades, too. Also very helpful for privacy when parked. I wouldn’t use all of them on normal trips where I won’t be parked for too long, but nice to have the custom cut set.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic LX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the added benefit to Heatshieldstore.com is that they make window covers for all the car’s windows. If I am going to be parked outside all day in the sun, I might use a back and/or side window shades, too. Also very helpful for privacy when parked. I wouldn’t use all of them on normal trips where I won’t be parked for too long, but nice to have the custom cut set.
Ah, now that’s cool. I’ll have to look at those for my other windows!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts