11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys,
New here. I just purchased a black sport a couple weeks ago. I am wondering if anyone has installed the full HPD kit themselves? It doesn't seem hard. I printed the instructions to do it myself because the dealer quoted me $1,200 for just the install. But just curious if anyone has tried to and if so any issues that I need to look out for. Thanks!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi @DatClos welcome to the forum! Congratulations on the new Civic sport! Are you installing the full kit and badges? I think you might be one of the first people here to want to install the kit themselves. Have you done something like this before on other cars or Civics?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi @DatClos welcome to the forum! Congratulations on the new Civic sport! Are you installing the full kit and badges? I think you might be one of the first people here to want to install the kit themselves. Have you done something like this before on other cars or Civics?
It would be the full kit. Front, rear, sides and trunklid. I have done things like this before but on my older integras. I am a littler nervous to do it on my brand new Civic lol

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hi @DatClos

I haven't heard of any issues with the kit. You will want to test fit the parts first before going ahead with a full install. As long as you do that and line everything up correctly there shouldn't be an issue.

It would be cool to see pics of the kit, even when in pieces waiting to go on your Civic.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would highly recommend not to do the spoiler yourself. I did it myself and it was a pain to line up; cause the template sucks, as it just would not want to line up where the instructions where telling me to put it. If you fuck it up, you're going to have to buy a new trunk as you're required to drill into it 4 times. I just made it work, and it looks dope. Would not do it again though. The rest of the kit should be easy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi @DatClos

I haven't heard of any issues with the kit. You will want to test fit the parts first before going ahead with a full install. As long as you do that and line everything up correctly there shouldn't be an issue.

It would be cool to see pics of the kit, even when in pieces waiting to go on your Civic.
Great tip! I will post pictures of the pieces later this evening.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would highly recommend not to do the spoiler yourself. I did it myself and it was a pain to line up; cause the template sucks, as it just would not want to line up where the instructions where telling me to put it. If you fuck it up, you're going to have to buy a new trunk as you're required to drill into it 4 times. I just made it work, and it looks dope. Would not do it again though. The rest of the kit should be easy.

View attachment 3205

View attachment 3206
I was nervous about this one and I think I will have Honda install this piece. Thanks for the heads up! Love the red!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
@omgftmfw glad to see it worked out.

@DatClos if you're still open to paying a professional to install the kit, then going to a reputable body shop that's well known and often does mods like this could be a cheaper option.

BTW is anyone considering getting the HPD spoiler painted to match the body?

·
Registered
15 Posts

View attachment 3205

View attachment 3206
I agree with this!! I paid for the side/rear spoiler to be installed on my car at the dealership, and even they f*cked up on my car drilling the holes!!!

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L
16 Posts
I agree with this!! I paid for the side/rear spoiler to be installed on my car at the dealership, and even they f*cked up on my car drilling the holes!!! View attachment 3213 View attachment 3214
Well this was just the final nail in the coffin for ever installing the deck lid spoiler on my Sport... I guess I'll wait for that Thailand exclusive wing to make it to aftermarket sellers! So sorry to see this, I would be irrate.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well this was just the final nail in the coffin for ever installing the deck lid spoiler on my Sport... I guess I'll wait for that Thailand exclusive wing to make it to aftermarket sellers! So sorry to see this, I would be irrate.
Oh I was livid!! But they took care of the repair, gave me a loaner, and got the price reduced a bit too!! Everything’s good now

·
Registered
18 Posts
What's up guys,
New here. I just purchased a black sport a couple weeks ago. I am wondering if anyone has installed the full HPD kit themselves? It doesn't seem hard. I printed the instructions to do it myself because the dealer quoted me $1,200 for just the install. But just curious if anyone has tried to and if so any issues that I need to look out for. Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
We did a full kit install on sons Sonic gray touring, everything was straight forward on installation instructions. The cheapest place I purchased from was oem parts source. As far as the trunk spoiler it pays to use the rotobroach bit to drill the 3 8.5 mm holes and used a step bit for others. Will post pictures when son is back this weekend.

·
Registered
31 Posts
HAGS, good luck to you…dealers are impossible, I start to boil anytime I have to use them…

1. Dealer let the cashier girl install the door film under the handles on my new car. They then present me with door film with creases and bubbles on all four doors promising that it would “go away“ by itself over time as it dried out…..6 months later I went to another dealer under warranty where it was done right. Of course the offending dealer charged the regular $400 per hour or whatever they get….

2. (of so many) - my dealer installed spoiler on my Acura RL and scratched the trunk so hard with a Philips screwdriver that it bent the metal. Of course apologies apologies and they fixed it and 1.5 years later I had rust forming inside my trunk where the REPAIR people damaged it where all the bolts scratched in as they re-assembled it! I believe your trunk is aluminum (like mine was) but I worry for your hinges and other components. Keep your receipts. I have decided next time dealers screw up they can keep the car no matter what. Best of luck…

I also had the spoiler installed on my black touring so far so good ( I figure I am 1 out of every 2 people who got lucky this time

I agree with this!! I paid for the side/rear spoiler to be installed on my car at the dealership, and even they f*cked up on my car drilling the holes!!! View attachment 3213 View attachment 3214

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts