11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Forte LXS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm here in northern NJ and on the hunt for a Sport manual in Platinum White. I'm pretty firm on no markups so I figure it may be a bit of a wait.

In the past I've owned a first-gen Fit, S2000 AP1, Mk1 and Mk4 Jettas, a second-gen Prius, and currently a 2019 Kia Forte LXS. Oh, and I drive school buses and currently working on my Class A CDL for tractor-trailer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey dude 👍🏻 Thanks for driving that bud so the kiddies get to school safely. Hard job lol. Welcome to the club. It’s crazy you guys down there have to worry about markups on cars…..up here in Canada land we do t really have that issue unless it’s something special and even then it’s not allowed. Hope you find what you’re looking for! They are great cars

·
Registered
2019 Kia Forte LXS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh, thanks for the idea - I just reached out to a dealer in Ontario. I have no idea whether it's legally feasible to buy from there, but worth a shot. I see that y'all have the LX in manual, and I would much prefer to have those wheels on the car :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's unfortunately not realistic to buy a new (or newer used) car in Canada. You'd have so much red tape that your happiness with the new car would be grossly diminished.

There's tons of US dealerships who don't play the "Covid markup" game. Make some calls.

One I'm familiar with: If you want to road trip your new car, Waikem in Massillon Ohio is selling at MSRP, no markups. Fly into CAK and Uber 15 miles to the dealer, drive home in 12 hours...

Reactions: yitznewton

·
Registered
2019 Kia Forte LXS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's unfortunately not realistic to buy a new (or newer used) car in Canada. You'd have so much red tape that your happiness with the new car would be grossly diminished.

There's tons of US dealerships who don't play the "Covid markup" game. Make some calls.

One I'm familiar with: If you want to road trip your new car, Waikem in Massillon Ohio is selling at MSRP, no markups. Fly into CAK and Uber 15 miles to the dealer, drive home in 12 hours...
Thanks for the dealer recommendation! I've been watching cars.com for the build I want and calling every one that comes up within 500 miles. No luck yet on being both available and no markup.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Forte LXS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plot twist, I was looking at other options and ended up discovering that Subaru does actually do what I wanted, and take orders to spec on the build you want. So I ordered an Impreza 🤷‍♀️ 12 weeks, below MSRP. Maybe some day in the future I'll be in a Honda product again. I've owned 2 used Hondas in the past, a Fit and an S2000, and both were great, but the new-car distribution system is just intolerable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Plot twist, I was looking at other options and ended up discovering that Subaru does actually do what I wanted, and take orders to spec on the build you want. So I ordered an Impreza 🤷‍♀️ 12 weeks, below MSRP. Maybe some day in the future I'll be in a Honda product again. I've owned 2 used Hondas in the past, a Fit and an S2000, and both were great, but the new-car distribution system is just intolerable.
Oh man. Good luck. Impreza manual was on my list but ultimately its inferior transmission (to the Civic's 6 spd), seeming lower build quality, less MPG, and concerns over engine oil burning steered me away.

I do like the AWD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts