11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have this on their cars (am In Canada), have you successfully updated your Fuall Maps via USB? I really use Waze/Maps through Android Auto anyhow, but wanted to see how the Maps work on our build in systems. If I go to Honda's website for updates there is not on for our '22 Civics yet, the last Map update is 2021 so maybe that is the issue?

I have followed all the steps by formatting a 16GB USB drive, and installing it in the USB port of the car. Even though the drive is picked up, when I try to export a DL to Full Maps nothing happens and no link is provided. Needless to say Garmin Express won't recognize the drive as having anything.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I got the link from the USB drive I put in the car.

Font Screenshot Number Document

I did Export DL Link for Full Map Update (USB) option. It involved downloading an application called MapDownloaderV2 to get the update on the drive and then run the update when you get back to the car. I just put my VIN in to the web page it pulled up to get the most recent update.

I typically use Waze but we go to parks a lot and some of them are out of the way enough to have spotty or non-existent cell service so I like having the fallback if need be.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the link from the USB drive I put in the car.

View attachment 9812

I did Export DL Link for Full Map Update (USB) option. It involved downloading an application called MapDownloaderV2 to get the update on the drive and then run the update when you get back to the car. I just put my VIN in to the web page it pulled up to get the most recent update.

I typically use Waze but we go to parks a lot and some of them are out of the way enough to have spotty or non-existent cell service so I like having the fallback if need be.
Were you prompted to download MapDownloader V2 from somewhere? I read all the instructions with no mention of this, and after reading all the instructions on Garmin I only read to insert the USB in the car and the link would download to it, but nada. Saying that, on the Honda Canada website there is no 2022 Honda Civic Map, so not sure if this is the reason why? When I ask my dealer about Android Auto now starting to drop, I can ask this, argh

·
Registered
164 Posts
Put a properly formatted thumb drive in - go to Export DL Link for Full Map Update (USB) and it will deposit a URL on the thumb drive that you can open to go to the site to get the update.

It will take you to this page.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

Input your VIN you don't need the database version. Tick the box and you will get the screen below.

Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Number

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Put a properly formatted thumb drive in - go to Export DL Link for Full Map Update (USB) and it will deposit a URL on the thumb drive that you can open to go to the site to get the update.

It will take you to this page.
View attachment 9817

Input your VIN you don't need the database version. Tick the box and you will get the screen below.

View attachment 9818
I was able to look at the 3 files that were put on the USB when I hit the DL to USB option in the car. Once I read and tried to open these they showed no updates available. I have to assume I have the latest full Map then? I updated my Regional Map off my wifi/hotspot no problem....guess I am as far as I can go?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I doubt any maps would be updated this close to the mfg. date of our cars.
That is what I am wondering, and if the car comes with the 2021, nothing new. Only doubt I have is that I was able to update my Regional Map over wifi. I do remember with Garmin the updates weren't exactly quick back when we all had GPS units on our dash, lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had an update from mine (car purchased Feb 22) to the 12-15-21 version show in the screenshot.

·
Registered
164 Posts
What does it show under Online Services?

Product Font Screenshot Rectangle Number

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nope - I think I've done everything I can. Dealer is ignoring my question, and Honda America tells me to contact the dealer. (I work in IT, and tend to think I'm pretty good at debugging, but nada here)
Now that I think about it, before I played around with Map updates I was prompted on the Infotainment to sign up for Honda Services in car, which I was able to. Not really sure if I was connected to in car wifi, or to my Home Network but I wasn't able to download before that step. I assume you are connected to somewhere and get that message? Have you confirmed your Connectivity in Settings?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Now that I think about it, before I played around with Map updates I was prompted on the Infotainment to sign up for Honda Services in car, which I was able to. Not really sure if I was connected to in car wifi, or to my Home Network but I wasn't able to download before that step. I assume you are connected to somewhere and get that message? Have you confirmed your Connectivity in Settings?
Yep. I connect solely to my home WiFi

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep. I connect solely to my home WiFi
I was able to get to the option of downloading my Regional Map and sat in my driveway waiting to see if it would do anything but even with an eero it took too long to get anywhere over wifi. The last small Map I downloaded I did over my mobile as we have a ton of data, may try this again on the larger Regional Map. I still have the issue of the USB not recognizing any Full Map update being available

·
Registered
164 Posts
Brand of wifi doesn't matter quite as much as distance from the closest AP, which band you're using and what's between you and that AP. 5 GHz is faster, but 2.4 GHz will give a stronger signal at a longer distance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All, just reviving this thread. I just picked up my 22 Touring earlier this week. Been trying to update the maps via USB. I got the URL generated on the stick, but when I open it, I get this error:

Liquid Font Drinkware Eyewear Tableware

Looks like I can update by region if I hotspot my phone, but that would take forever. Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
24 Posts
Hi All, just reviving this thread. I just picked up my 22 Touring earlier this week. Been trying to update the maps via USB. I got the URL generated on the stick, but when I open it, I get this error:

View attachment 10485

Looks like I can update by region if I hotspot my phone, but that would take forever. Any ideas?

Thanks!
This is normal. Your car already has an account, so it can't be reactivated. Every time you try to download a map update, it will try and activate your car, and after the first time, you'll always see this message. Just ignore it and click the link at the bottom to continue as normal. So, either you, or the dealer have tried to update maps for your car at least once already, therefore its already activated (like it says in the error).

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think you should be able to click on Map downloading site and dump your VIN in and get your update.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts