11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at replacing the rear turn and reverse bulbs on my 2022 Civic sedan with LEDs. I've tried pulling the tail light assembly off towards the rear of the car, but have had no success, aside from the black bracket near the trunk trim/seal, what direction does the tail light assembly itself come off in? Away from the side?

Any help would be appreciated, I just some some images of the 2022 factory, and one had images suggesting the tail light housing has two grommets oriented for 'away from the side', so I'll give that a try later on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm looking at replacing the rear turn and reverse bulbs on my 2022 Civic sedan with LEDs. I've tried pulling the tail light assembly off towards the rear of the car, but have had no success, aside from the black bracket near the trunk trim/seal, what direction does the tail light assembly itself come off in? Away from the side?

Any help would be appreciated, I just some some images of the 2022 factory, and one had images suggesting the tail light housing has two grommets oriented for 'away from the side', so I'll give that a try later on.
Did you remove the two screws hidden behind the black plastic bracket first? Once the screws are out there are those two grommets in the side of the body near the front of the light. Two pins in the light housing snap in to the grommets. You have to pull it away from the side as you mentioned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts