11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attached pics looks like its berries from our trees near the driveway landing on the car and smushing. I have tried my usual wash techniques but these are stubborn. Any ideas that don't involve claying? CG sell anything that would work and isn't too harsh?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Often the birds will eat the berries and then poop on the car in a coloured poop that looks like berries . I had that happen to me a few times. A good carwash usually is enough, a simple all purpose cleaner helps often , I like Spray nine followed by a wash and wax the area.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Often the birds will eat the berries and then poop on the car in a coloured poop that looks like berries . I had that happen to me a few times. A good carwash usually is enough, a simple all purpose cleaner helps often , I like Spray nine followed by a wash and wax the area.
Spray Nine on our paint? I did a good hand wash but no luck, and will look for the bug and tar remover CG stuff today or order on Amaon.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Spray Nine on our paint? I did a good hand wash but no luck, and will look for the bug and tar remover CG stuff today or order on Amaon.
Spray nine is a very mild all purpose cleaner so very safe to use, and just use it on spots not over the entire car, just spot cleaning. I've used Spray nine on steering wheel leather . Just use it with a microfiber towel for spot cleaning. You can even use WD40 for spot cleaning. Then wash off and wax the spot after use. Bug and Tar cleaner is good too, it is mostly turpentine.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spray nine is a very mild all purpose cleaner so very safe to use, and just use it on spots not over the entire car, just spot cleaning. I've used Spray nine on steering wheel leather . Just use it with a microfiber towel for spot cleaning. You can even use WD40 for spot cleaning. Then wash off and wax the spot after use. Bug and Tar cleaner is good too, it is mostly turpentine.
found a local detailing shop who has CG Tar and Bug removed so will test shortly and see if it works...thanks for the tips

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey thanks for the Spray Nine tip...I wound up buying CG and TW Bug and Tar Remover, and had success using all three combined. This was not just a wipe on/wipe off type of event, each group of spots took forever to get clean and with some pain and patience it eventually worked. I have a number of small dots to still fix and will do that over time. I was sure to not leave the Spray 9 on the body too long but it seemed the most effective. Wish there was an easier way though, these are a total PIA like nothing I have seen. Cleaned up the car with the two bucket foam/hand wash afterwards all looks much better. Haven't tried WD40 wonder if it would be better...?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts