11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha all,
Any idea how to disable the walk up auto unlock feature on the new 2022 Civic? I am using it for Turo and need to put a lockbox on the door with the fob, which keeps it close enough to operate the auto unlock. I've tried all of the settings, turned off the walk away lock, turned off the lockout prevention. The only thing I have been somewhat successful with is using the valet key, but with that I need to hold the door closed with my body weight, pull the handle to show the key hole (if the body weight isn't on it, the door opens (horrible design on that by the way!), and even then it's pretty difficult to accomplish. Let alone trying to explain to someone else how to do it. Hope this makes sense, any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hmmm this model doesn’t have the walk up unlock. You can try to disable the unlock when you touch the handle but I’m not sure if you can. It may only be limited to unlocking only the driver door or unlocking all of the doors.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Aloha all,
Any idea how to disable the walk up auto unlock feature on the new 2022 Civic?
I am not sure gen11 has this feature at least not in North America...
Are you saying that car unlocks when you approach it AND not touching anything (car, remote, etc.)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts