11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assume the sticker price is $26K before taxes, as delivered, out the door, paid cash/check. How much would the dealer stand to make in profit for said deal?
The reason I am asking is, I am contemplating trading my brand new 2022 Sedan EX with 600 miles for an Si. I would have to put q deposit down and wait for the car of course.
Salesman said they would likely give me what I paid for the car, but I would be surprised at that. On the other hand , if they had a sure deal with a deposit on a more expensive Si and with pre-owned cars selling so high, maybe they would.
What do you think?

Oh, and what the heck color would I get???? ;)

Carl

·
Registered
8 Posts
Assume the sticker price is $26K before taxes, as delivered, out the door, paid cash/check. How much would the dealer stand to make in profit for said deal?
The reason I am asking is, I am contemplating trading my brand new 2022 Sedan EX with 600 miles for an Si. I would have to put q deposit down and wait for the car of course.
Salesman said they would likely give me what I paid for the car, but I would be surprised at that. On the other hand , if they had a sure deal with a deposit on a more expensive Si and with pre-owned cars selling so high, maybe they would.
What do you think?

Oh, and what the heck color would I get???? ;)

Carl
Just a rough estimate: Maybe ~20k.
As for color…they’ll all look great. For me personally, i’m feeling orange or white.

Edit: The $20k was my estimate for their invoice price for a Sport, maybe an EX. So I could see them profiting ~3 to 6k. So somewhere in the 3-6k ballpark is my noob estimate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can’t see the dealer making $20,000 profit of a car sold for $26,000. There is no way Honda is selling cars to dealers for $6000 lol
Oh crap, I totally replied backwards. I meant I could see their invoice price being ~20k lol. Long day, my bad. And that price I was applying for the Sport trim. Possibly EX. But yeah, would be nice to find the official invoice figures.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Just a rough estimate: Maybe ~20k.
As for color…they’ll all look great. For me personally, i’m feeling orange or white.

Edit: The $20k was my estimate for their invoice price for a Sport, maybe an EX. So I could see them profiting ~3 to 6k. So somewhere in the 3-6k ballpark is my noob estimate.
Welcome to the forum!
$3-6k sounds about right, along the lines of what employee pricing does with some automakers like Ford I believe.
Which Civic spec did you get or will be?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts