11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just came from the dealer after signed the new civic 21 sport in black pearl. the dealer does not has any sport in his spot, so I have to order one. My question is how long do I have to wait to get the car? I know about the situation about supplied, microchip, etc. I've read in other forum that gonna take weeks or months in the worse situations..

Peace!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bought a month ago and picked a color they did not have on the lot. For me, it was less than a week for the wait. And yes, still only got 1 keyfob due to the microchip shortage. (That Honda will supply the 2nd for free when chips are available.)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Less than one week does not seem like a typical "custom order" wait time. That might be more typical if the dealer had the car you wanted on the way anyway, or was able to do a locate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Usually if you're ordering it can take anywhere from 4-6 months; but I'd confirm with the dealership as they can give you a better estimate - maybe even a date.

Any chance you can go to another dealer & look at their inventory? They might have the spec you want. Goodluck!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Less than one week does not seem like a typical "custom order" wait time. That might be more typical if the dealer had the car you wanted on the way anyway, or was able to do a locate.
You're right, thank-you. It was a "locate", not a order. Appreciate the info.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I "special ordered" both my 2018 Civic LX coupe and 2020 Civic Sport sedan. Both are manual transmission cars and I waited about 2 months each time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bought a month ago and picked a color they did not have on the lot. For me, it was less than a week for the wait. And yes, still only got 1 keyfob due to the microchip shortage. (That Honda will supply the 2nd for free when chips are available.)
very lucky! they told me that "maybe by the end of October'' But I'm not sure 100%..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they don’t have any in the way right nooww..😭 so they just ''made the order'' hopefully it's true

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Usually if you're ordering it can take anywhere from 4-6 months; but I'd confirm with the dealership as they can give you a better estimate - maybe even a date.

Any chance you can go to another dealer & look at their inventory? They might have the spec you want. Goodluck!
they estimated by the end of October , but I feel like the sale guy might be lying about it. I have contacted other dealers in my area and they do not have any what I want...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I can't seem to find a dealer that will order a specific trim/color for me. Do only certain locations do that?
Which spec are you planning to get?
Have you checked with inventory dealers in your area list online, if any?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Which spec are you planning to get?
Have you checked with inventory dealers in your area list online, if any?
I am looking at either the EX or Touring in blue. Seems impossible to find on any Honda in my area (Las Vegas, NV). They don’t accept orders either apparently.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't seem to find a dealer that will order a specific trim/color for me. Do only certain locations do that?
[/Q
I am looking at either the EX or Touring in blue. Seems impossible to find on any Honda in my area (Las Vegas, NV). They don’t accept orders either apparently.
what is the reason why don’t accept order?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered a 21 EX hatch on Sept 30th. Should be here this Friday I hope. That's a 3 week wait.

Decided against going with a 11th gen due to: a slower car, entry level bland looks, paint problems, production for the hatch moved to new factory; I avoid first year models.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A salesperson I talked to told me that a factory order would take 30-60 days for the turnaround time, and that there wouldn't be any market value adjustment on top of the price. He said it would just be msrp, tax, and any installations of accessories added on, anyone know if that's true?

·
Registered
33 Posts
A salesperson I talked to told me that a factory order would take 30-60 days for the turnaround time, and that there wouldn't be any market value adjustment on top of the price. He said it would just be msrp, tax, and any installations of accessories added on, anyone know if that's true?
Sounds accurate, Honda sets the suggested MSRP and they stick with it. Dealers choose if they want to mark it up or sell "under" MSRP. In this market, I haven't really heard of anyone getting it under MSRP though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds accurate, Honda sets the suggested MSRP and they stick with it. Dealers choose if they want to mark it up or sell "under" MSRP. In this market, I haven't really heard of anyone getting it under MSRP though.
Thanks! Yeah I was a little scared because another dealership was trying to sell me the Civic sport for $32000 ($4k market value adjustment with other stuff I didn't need) and they were telling me the factory order the other dealership offered me was a lie. They sounded scummy though and they decreased the price to $30000 when I didn't bite

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks! Yeah I was a little scared because another dealership was trying to sell me the Civic sport for $32000 ($4k market value adjustment with other stuff I didn't need) and they were telling me the factory order the other dealership offered me was a lie. They sounded scummy though and they decreased the price to $30000 when I didn't bite
holy cow $32000 without any accessories! that dealership want to scummy and recovery all the L..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts