11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Care to share your experience with delivery time? I am told my '22 Hatchback Touring Sport had a production date of 11/15. I live in VA and am wondering how long it would take to get the vehicle.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Care to share your experience with delivery time? I am told my '22 Hatchback Touring Sport had a production date of 11/15. I live in VA and am wondering how long it would take to get the vehicle.
I can't give you the answer you are looking for - but I can say that I took delivery of a 2015 Honda Accord on April 24, 2015 and the date of Manufacture stamped in the door jamb said 04/2015. so in my case <=24 days. I liked my wife's car so much, that I did it all over again the next month and ordered myself the same car - with almost the same results: Date of Manufacture 05/2015 - delivery date 05/25/2015.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im in PA and my sport hb arrived this past weekend. Here's a timeline from what the dealer could see on their end. When I placed the deposit in September, the car was already allocated to the dealership. Hope this helps!

Build date: 10/15
Shipping pending update: 10/30
Shipped: 11/8
Arrived: 11/14

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im in PA and my sport hb arrived this past weekend. Here's a timeline from what the dealer could see on their end. When I placed the deposit in September, the car was already allocated to the dealership. Hope this helps!

Helpful, thanks and congrats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't give you the answer you are looking for - but I can say that I took delivery of a 2015 Honda Accord on April 24, 2015 and the date of Manufacture stamped in the door jamb said 04/2015. so in my case <=24 days. I liked my wife's car so much, that I did it all over again the next month and ordered myself the same car - with almost the same results: Date of Manufacture 05/2015 - delivery date 05/25/2015.
thank you.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT
427 Posts

In my case, I bought my ST hatch while it was "in transit" to the dealership; it arrived to their lot on 10/20, and the "American Honda Motor Co." MCO (Manufacturer Certificate of Origin) issued to the dealer that I am using to register/title the car has a "DATE" of 10/06/21.

I don't know if they print the MCOs only when shipping it out, immediately after its built on the assembly line, or some point in between. It has the dealer's name and address printed directly onto it, though, so it's after it was "allocated" to the dealer.

The time it would take to reach your dealer, of course, could vary +/- a few business days based on shipping conditions and exactly where your dealer is in the distribution network of trucks going around. Still, if "your" car has a VIN and has been built and is definitely coming to this dealer who is definitely committed to selling it to you upon its arrival, you probably have about a two week wait.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I too have put down a deposit for a 2022 Civic Hatchback ST in Sonic Grey Pearl, in Atlanta GA. The car was already allocated to the dealership and was due for production between Jan 16 to 20th of 2022. As of now the dealer said it "might have finished production" and waiting for transit and won't have info until then. I had made sure that the car had been allocated to them on the website like thing on the dealership computer.
Will definitely update once I have the car in hand.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
22 Posts
Looking at the VIN and when things have been arriving at my local dealership (easier with the year of build field in the VIN) its only been a couple weeks. I have mine entering production the first week of FEB and expect delivery mid/late FEB. Will update when I get the vehicle though...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too have put down a deposit for a 2022 Civic Hatchback ST in Sonic Grey Pearl, in Atlanta GA. The car was already allocated to the dealership and was due for production between Jan 16 to 20th of 2022. As of now the dealer said it "might have finished production" and waiting for transit and won't have info until then. I had made sure that the car had been allocated to them on the website like thing on the dealership computer.
ANY UPDATES?

·
Registered
10 Posts
1/15. I live in VA and am wondering how
ANY UPDATES?
The Production dates was moved to 29th Jan ~ 4th Feb 2022. Also looks like honda has increased the cost of the Civic HB ST by $470 (USD). After that no news. Should call up the dealer and ask the status again this Monday(Feb 14th).
Hopefully the production does not get impacted by the whole bridge blockade. :(
The production date has been moved to 3rd ~ 6th March 2022 . Things are looking real bleak..

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Civic sport hatchback has a production date

Deposit down on a Civic sport hatchback with a 3/26 production date. Really hoping for the experience you received. Dealer said to expect delivery 45 days after production. That puts it at 5/10 delivery if production isn't delayed as some in this thread have encountered. Think the dealer could be overestimating to cover their bases?

·
Registered
3 Posts
put a deposit down on a Civic LX on April 4 and the order was put in the system to Honda the same day…Dealer said at best 7-8 weeks but warned it could be 10-12 weeks…. The only Saving grace is that Allison is close to where I live so shipping should, in theory, be quicker…. There is no inventory anywhere in the Toronto area of any new Honda product, all they had in the showroom was a Mustang and only resale Honda’s in the parking lot…incredible…

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can tell you that getting ours has been a nightmare. We ordered it mid-February and we were told 4-6 weeks. The production date has been pushed 4 times. This was supposed to be my daughter's graduation gift but we'll be lucky to have it by the time she leaves for college. We put a deposit down and were told if we back out of the contract that we won't get the deposit back. Honda really needs to quit over-promising and under-delivering.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I finally got my 2022 Civic Hatchback ST in Sonic grey on April 9th 2022. Here is the full timeline (Hopefully its of some help)
  • Dec 20th 2021 - Put my deposit ($500) down for a car that was slated to be produced on Jan 16 to 20th of 2022.
  • Jan 20th 2022 - Got a call from my dealer that the production was pushed to 29th Jan ~ 4th Feb 2022
  • Jan 27th 2022 - Called the dealer to only find that the production was pushed to 3rd ~ 6th March 2022
  • Feb 12th - Gets a call from dealer saying the MSRP is hiked by $450.
  • Whole of Feb - No idea what is happening everything has gone dark.
  • Mar 4th 2022 - Dealer tells me that the production has been pushed to 15th ~ 18th March 2022
  • Mar 7th 2022 - Dealer breaks another production pushed up date to 2th to 6th April 2022
  • April 6th 2022 - Contacts Dealer to ask if i have to put up a missing poster, he tells me that the car is in transit. and may arrive on 10th April 2022.
  • April 8th 2022 - Gets call saying car has arrived.
  • April 9th 2022 - Picked up car. Finished with the whole ordeal. Closure achieved.
Ended Up paying 38K including taxes 2k of accessories and 1k of GAP insurance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Placed order on March 26, 2022 and still have not got a production date even, getting super frustrating for sure.

I finally got my 2022 Civic Hatchback ST in Sonic grey on April 9th 2022. Here is the full timeline (Hopefully its of some help)
  • Dec 20th 2021 - Put my deposit ($500) down for a car that was slated to be produced on Jan 16 to 20th of 2022.
  • Jan 20th 2022 - Got a call from my dealer that the production was pushed to 29th Jan ~ 4th Feb 2022
  • Jan 27th 2022 - Called the dealer to only find that the production was pushed to 3rd ~ 6th March 2022
  • Feb 12th - Gets a call from dealer saying the MSRP is hiked by $450.
  • Whole of Feb - No idea what is happening everything has gone dark.
  • Mar 4th 2022 - Dealer tells me that the production has been pushed to 15th ~ 18th March 2022
  • Mar 7th 2022 - Dealer breaks another production pushed up date to 2th to 6th April 2022
  • April 6th 2022 - Contacts Dealer to ask if i have to put up a missing poster, he tells me that the car is in transit. and may arrive on 10th April 2022.
  • April 8th 2022 - Gets call saying car has arrived.
  • April 9th 2022 - Picked up car. Finished with the whole ordeal. Closure achieved.
Ended Up paying 38K including taxes 2k of accessories and 1k of GAP insurance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts