11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For example, when I am in line at drive thru but too close to the car in front or building, Id like to mute the parking sensor alarm.

·
Super Moderator
173 Posts
To the left on the lower dash next to the drivers door there are a few buttons.

Crap pic but it’s the one with the car and Circle around it.

Here is a better picture it has a P to turn the sensors off and the car witha circle around it is to pull up the others sensors to turn them off.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To the left on the lower dash next to the drivers door there are a few buttons.

Crap pic but it’s the one with the car and Circle around it.
I never tried that to just temporarily mute it but I will next time. I figured pressing that button will just turn them off

·
Registered
51 Posts
For example, when I am in line at drive thru but too close to the car in front or building, Id like to mute the parking sensor alarm.
If you have the Touring trim, there should be a dedicated button on the dash just above your left knee. The button should have a “P” with a construction cone and a green indicator light. Push it to disable the parking sensors.

Just remember to turn it back on later. Because the setting will be remembered even when you shut off the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have the Touring trim, there should be a dedicated button on the dash just above your left knee. The button should have a “P” with a construction cone and a green indicator light. Push it to disable the parking sensors.

Just remember to turn it back on later. Because the setting will be remembered even when you shut off the car.
So there is no option besides the hard button then? For example, my old Camry had an option to “press ok to temporarily mute” that displayed on the dash.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Updated the picture. There are 2 separate buttons. Not sure if it varies between models.
I pushed the entire button today when the issue arose.. ( next time I may try the tiny specific button and then turn it back on )
- nothing happened except a dash display came up… it’s ok. I’ll live with the beeping at drive throughs when it happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts