11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm only 700 miles in on mine so far, but overall I'm impressed. This is my 4th Civic (the first 3 were all Si models, this is my first Touring) and this one is so far my favorite (though I admit I miss the far sportier seats from my 2006 Si).

Pros:
  • I love the Sonic Gray. One of my favorite colors ever.
  • The digital dash is incredibly well done. The CarPlay integration is excellent, and I have a highly irrational love for the gauges changing when activating cruise control that makes me giddy every time.
  • This is by far the best lane keep assist I've ever felt. They really nailed the feel so that it is helpful without being overbearing or annoying. Also, thank goodness it doesn't beep often.
  • I want to personally buy a beer for the engineer who made it so that Park Distance control is off by default, but a single button activates the full front/rear system. This is exactly how it should have worked since it was invented.
  • The car is surprisingly flat around corners, especially considering I have the Touring model. I still want to upgrade it of course, but the stock feel is much better than I would have expected.
  • I really like the interior dash/console area. The materials feel good, look good, etc. I feel like I'm in a higher tier car than I actually am.

Cons:
  • The rear camera is absolute shit. A Russian potato would give a better image and be more useful.
  • The entertainment unit is very sleepy and slow when first turned on, especially CarPlay. This is 100% a head unit issue, but is super strange.
  • The wireless charger seems very finicky about if it will work or not.
  • It is really too bad that a manual wasn't available on this car. I don't hate the CVT as much as I thought I would, but it still isn't great.
  • Why did they remove the camera from the passenger mirror that activated when the turn signal was engaged? I found that to be rather useful.
  • I find the leather to be rather underwhelming. It feels .... fine.
  • I wish that Honda offered interior lighting similar to what VW offers on their GLI.
  • Why the heck are the rear turn signals incandescent bulbs!?!?

As you can see, most my cons are more nitpicking that fundamental issues. Overall I'm very, very pleased.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm only 700 miles in on mine so far, but overall I'm impressed. This is my 4th Civic (the first 3 were all Si models, this is my first Touring) and this one is so far my favorite (though I admit I miss the far sportier seats from my 2006 Si).

Pros:
  • I love the Sonic Gray. One of my favorite colors ever.
  • The digital dash is incredibly well done. The CarPlay integration is excellent, and I have a highly irrational love for the gauges changing when activating cruise control that makes me giddy every time.
  • This is by far the best lane keep assist I've ever felt. They really nailed the feel so that it is helpful without being overbearing or annoying. Also, thank goodness it doesn't beep often.
  • I want to personally buy a beer for the engineer who made it so that Park Distance control is off by default, but a single button activates the full front/rear system. This is exactly how it should have worked since it was invented.
  • The car is surprisingly flat around corners, especially considering I have the Touring model. I still want to upgrade it of course, but the stock feel is much better than I would have expected.
  • I really like the interior dash/console area. The materials feel good, look good, etc. I feel like I'm in a higher tier car than I actually am.

Cons:
  • The rear camera is absolute shit. A Russian potato would give a better image and be more useful.
  • The entertainment unit is very sleepy and slow when first turned on, especially CarPlay. This is 100% a head unit issue, but is super strange.
  • The wireless charger seems very finicky about if it will work or not.
  • It is really too bad that a manual wasn't available on this car. I don't hate the CVT as much as I thought I would, but it still isn't great.
  • Why did they remove the camera from the passenger mirror that activated when the turn signal was engaged? I found that to be rather useful.
  • I find the leather to be rather underwhelming. It feels .... fine.
  • I wish that Honda offered interior lighting similar to what VW offers on their GLI.
  • Why the heck are the rear turn signals incandescent bulbs!?!?

As you can see, most my cons are more nitpicking that fundamental issues. Overall I'm very, very pleased.
Agreed on most of these. I have about 3k miles on my Touring model over the last month. It's a superb car, especially for the price.

Things I love:
  • 180 HP feels peppy and very similar in pull (if not better) than my 2011 Accord V6 268 HP.
  • Handling is superb in the mountain passes.
  • Paddle shifters are quick and stay locked in gear in Sport mode. Probably the best CVT I've ever used.
  • That honeycomb vent is very business class looking - love it!
  • I'm consistently getting 37 MPG in normal driving. 40+ if I hit the highway at 65 MPH for a longer period of time. This is a massive gain over the 21 MPG I was getting in my 2011 Accord V6.
  • LKS and Traffic Jam Assist are fantastic.
Things I don't love:
  • Where are the trunk and glovebox locks?!
  • Wiper spray nozzles are interesting.
  • Infotainment system takes a while to connect to everything sometimes.
  • I've had a few SRS/seatbelt error messages that have required a car restart.
  • Sub doesn't kick like my 2011 Accord did.
  • Voice command with the Honda Navigation is worthless. It's always suggesting destinations out of state - results are not even close to what's been said.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've only had mine(sonic gray sport) for 3 days driving in eco and it is rather underwhelming as far as power goes but maybe when I get passed the break in I'll throw it in reg or sport and see how it feels. I'm coming from a 2012 Sonata 4 cyl and it had waaay more power but that was a bigger car so......the rear view mirror is tiny and the side mirrors are a weird shape but that stuff is minor. I love the look of it..........looks like a mini Audi to me. Not sure if I like the auto stop yet, but I find myself driving slower to try and get more MPG's. Currently at 32.5 after half a first tank mostly fwy but I tend to roll at 75-85 so....I need more time in it so maybe I'll update in a week or two.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Agreed on most of these. I have about 3k miles on my Touring model over the last month. It's a superb car, especially for the price.

Things I love:
  • 180 HP feels peppy and very similar in pull (if not better) than my 2011 Accord V6.
  • Handling is superb in the mountain passes.
  • Paddle shifters are quick and stay locked in gear in Sport mode. Probably the best CVT I've ever used.
  • That honeycomb vent is very business class looking - love it!
  • I'm consistently getting 37 MPG in normal driving. 40+ if I hit the highway at 65 MPH for a longer period of time. This is a massive gain over the 21 MPG I was getting in my 2011 Accord V6.
  • LKS and Traffic Jam Assist are fantastic.
Things I don't love:
  • Where are the trunk and glovebox locks?!
  • Wiper spray nozzles are interesting.
  • Infotainment system takes a while to connect to everything sometimes.
  • I've had a few SRS/seatbelt error messages that have required a car restart.
  • Sub doesn't kick like my 2011 Accord did.
  • Voice command with the Honda Navigation is worthless. It's always suggesting destinations out of state - results are not even close to what's been said.
I've only had mine(sonic gray sport) for 3 days driving in eco and it is rather underwhelming as far as power goes but maybe when I get passed the break in I'll throw it in reg or sport and see how it feels. I'm coming from a 2012 Sonata 4 cyl and it had waaay more power but that was a bigger car so......the rear view mirror is tiny and the side mirrors are a weird shape but that stuff is minor. I love the look of it..........looks like a mini Audi to me. Not sure if I like the auto stop yet, but I find myself driving slower to try and get more MPG's. Currently at 32.5 after half a first tank mostly fwy but I tend to roll at 75-85 so....I need more time in it so maybe I'll update in a week or two.
when you’re in econ mode it doesn’t give you full power

·
Registered
96 Posts
when you’re in econ mode it doesn’t give you full power
I've found Econ mode to be adequate for general city driving and merging on the freeway. Mix that with a quick paddle-shift down a gear or two and I've been pleasantly surprised by the power. The car is definitely a sloth before the turbo kicks in around 1,700 RPM though.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rallye Red)
87 Posts
Why did they remove the camera from the passenger mirror that activated when the turn signal was engaged? I found that to be rather useful.
I believe that the majority of Japanese car manufacturers such as Mazda and Honda are standardizing this safety feature for all of their vehicles. The cost of a camera on the passenger side mirror is much higher repair and assembly wise compared to the current sensor installed now.

·
Super Moderator
205 Posts
Just over 200 miles in 3 days.

Love the car but I don’t like that the heater controls don’t have back lighting. The part that adjusts the where the air flows and rear window button. Makes it hard to see unless you leave it on auto.

Adaptive cruse is okay but it definitely hits the brakes to hard at times and makes me feel cringe. Like people behind me are wondering what’s wrong with me lol

Trunk space is great. Car handles well enough. It’s comfortable to drive and look great.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts