11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see any of the remote start up features, lock/unlock doors, climate, etc. Did I pair my phone wrong or something? This is all I see.

Also, should I get an oil change at 1,000 miles? Apparently, its good because it gets out the metal mixed in with the oil from the car being new and all.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yours looks like mine. I'm pretty sure that's all there is to it at this point. If you didn't get a survey yet, you might still. They asked me quite a bit about the app and I was honest about it sucking. In a polite way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was informed that these features are not available on the Civic.. It Comes with the Accord and a couple of other Models Civic gets only Basic info when it feels like connecting to the Vehicle...

·
Registered
787 Posts
I don't see any of the remote start up features, lock/unlock doors, climate, etc. Did I pair my phone wrong or something? This is all I see.

Also, should I get an oil change at 1,000 miles? Apparently, its good because it gets out the metal mixed in with the oil from the car being new and all.
From my understanding that 1000 mile was meant for older cars, not so much for today's vehicles. If you want to do it for peace of mind go for it but if you don't and want to do it later it's not going to ruin your car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Being from a state that gets winter, I specifically asked the salesman if it had remote start up from the phone because I want it during the winter. I had a few times where the key fob's range sucked (400~ft at most) and thats not enough when i'm at campus, my gym, stores, etc. So I need the remote engine start from my phone for cases like that.

Should I inquiry their dealership and tell them the salesman wasn't honest with me? I purchased my car on Dec 22~ and its now Jan 11. Car still has less than 1,000 miles. What should I expect out of this?

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic ST Sonic Gray Pearl
140 Posts
Being from a state that gets winter, I specifically asked the salesman if it had remote start up from the phone because I want it during the winter. I had a few times where the key fob's range sucked (400~ft at most) and thats not enough when i'm at campus, my gym, stores, etc. So I need the remote engine start from my phone for cases like that.

Should I inquiry their dealership and tell them the salesman wasn't honest with me? I purchased my car on Dec 22~ and its now Jan 11. Car still has less than 1,000 miles. What should I expect out of this?
What do you want the stealership to do for you???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Salesman was full of shit - if you haven't filled out your survey yet make your unhappiness known.

I will absolutely. But what will that do? And should I bother going in-person? What would I even say, demand, or what?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I will absolutely. But what will that do? And should I bother going in-person? What would I even say, demand, or what?
Just be honest with your comments about the app, it doesn't do much compared to others. Bought our daughter a 2020 CX-30 the day it hit the dealer and it's app has tons of functions including remote start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update to everyone: Visited them in person. Civics don't have these features. If you really want a long range start up remote feature, you have to buy a third party package that includes two key fobs for up to a mile in range.

The keys cost from $500 up to $800 . . .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update to everyone: Visited them in person. Civics don't have these features. If you really want a long range start up remote feature, you have to buy a third party package that includes two key fobs for up to a mile in range.

The keys cost from $500 up to $800 . . .
I just got a alarm and remote start with a mile range on my Si cost me $425

1 - 14 of 14 Posts