11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hello my name is Eric,

I am a 3 year salesman in the DMV and the owner of an Aegean Blue 2022 Civic Sport (thinking to trade in for an SI soon)

AMA - I'll do my best to answer
Welcome to the forum @EricSagastizado! Nice to have someone with some dealership knowledge on here! I recently heard that Si production was going to begin at the end of the month. Have you heard anything similar about that?

Also, how have you been enjoying your Civic Sport?

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport, 2.0NA CVT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @EricSagastizado! Nice to have someone with some dealership knowledge on here! I recently heard that Si production was going to begin at the end of the month. Have you heard anything similar about that?

Also, how have you been enjoying your Civic Sport?

Production will begin at the start of November with the majority of assigned units entering production in the second week of November.

I love my Sport, the redesign and widened base are what made me pull the trigger before the SI was released. Have about 4K miles on mine already!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello my name is Eric,

I am a 3 year salesman in the DMV and the owner of an Aegean Blue 2022 Civic Sport (thinking to trade in for an SI soon)

AMA - I'll do my best to answer
Hey Eric how bad is inventory backed up on the sport touring hatch? I recently put a deposit down on a sonic gray ST. The dealer told me the build date is end of October so I’m wondering how long until delivery. Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
183 Posts
Hey Eric how bad is inventory backed up on the sport touring hatch? I recently put a deposit down on a sonic gray ST. The dealer told me the build date is end of October so I’m wondering how long until delivery. Thanks!
Not speaking as a salesman, but as someone who purchased one. I kept contacting all the local dealers in the area and finally a few days ago two dealers emailed me and told me they had some coming in on a truck. One dealer at MSRP and one at $995 markup. I called the MSRP dealer and placed a hold on it. Pick it up tonight.

They are out there, on trucks, being delivered. Just have to keep hounding them. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All vehicle production is backed up right now, depending on where your dealer is located you may expect to receive delivery mid November.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome Eric! Now that the hatchback is arriving at dealers are you finding people more or less interested in it compared to the sedan?
Personally I've had multiple clients choose to wait for the hatchback to come in instead of purchasing a sedan a few months back. The demand is definitely there. We received our first Sport Touring hatchback in Sonic Gray yesterday and it was sold by the evening.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not speaking as a salesman, but as someone who purchased one. I kept contacting all the local dealers in the area and finally a few days ago two dealers emailed me and told me they had some coming in on a truck. One dealer at MSRP and one at $995 markup. I called the MSRP dealer and placed a hold on it. Pick it up tonight.

They are out there, on trucks, being delivered. Just have to keep hounding them. :)
[/QUOTE

Unfortunately I’m in Utah so there only like 5 dealers in the state. I called around and some were saying December or January but I found one with an October build date. I put a deposit down so hopefully

I hounded all the dealers in Utah and found one at MSRP with an end of October build date. They said potentially earlier if they can trade another dealer, otherwise it's looking like end of november or december.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Personally I've had multiple clients choose to wait for the hatchback to come in instead of purchasing a sedan a few months back. The demand is definitely there. We received our first Sport Touring hatchback in Sonic Gray yesterday and it was sold by the evening.
That makes a lot of sense, it'll be interesting to see if they end up going with the hatchback or stick with the sedan. What do you think of the hatchback compared to your Civic?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That makes a lot of sense, it'll be interesting to see if they end up going with the hatchback or stick with the sedan. What do you think of the hatchback compared to your Civic?
I like it! I'm not a huge fan of hatchbacks personally but I like that the redesign is more like a sport back (IMO) . Originally I was planning on trading my sedan for the hatchback with a manual transmission but that changed as soon as they announced the SI would release this year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts