11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Consumer Reports shared their annual reliability rankings and Honda rose 7 spots up the list to 5th place this year!

According to their results it's from "steady improvements and some outstanding models in its lineup, which offset the ongoing reliability problems of its Odyssey minivan and Passport SUV."

The Civic was the 6th highest rated vehicle in Honda's lineup. Hopefully with the new Civic that rating goes up.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
If Honda’s new ac systems didn’t suck they’d be #1.
I guess you had a 2016-2018 model 10th gen Civic?

Never realized how bad the AC issue was but this sums it up. Honda rarely drags on issues like this and you have far better odds of not experiencing it in a next-generation model.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I guess you had a 2016-2018 model 10th gen Civic?

Never realized how bad the AC issue was but this sums it up. Honda rarely drags on issues like this and you have far better odds of not experiencing it in a next-generation model.
I didn't realize they extended the warranty on the AC condenser as a result of the lawsuit.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Didn't realize it but "a refrigerant leak in a vehicle's AC system can damage other expensive components within the system."
Honda didn't have much of a choice.
Apparently Honda is extending the AC warranty on all Civics produced between 2016-2021 to 10 years and unlimited miles. You can also get reimbursed if you have already paid out of pocket.

https://www.reddit.com/r/civic/comments/onq1a6

·
Registered
16 Posts
What's wrong with the AC system?
I had a 2016 Civic before my 2022. The A/C went on it twice. First time in 2018 under warranty, the 2nd time last summer (Not under Warranty) but.. Honda got class actioned on the A/C problem and was forced to extend its warranty on the A/C for 10 years. So the 2nd time cost me nothing. The A/C problem is in the 2016-2021 model. Hopefully the 2022 has changed.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had a 2016 Civic before my 2022. The A/C went on it twice. First time in 2018 under warranty, the 2nd time last summer (Not under Warranty) but.. Honda got class actioned on the A/C problem and was forced to extend its warranty on the A/C for 10 years. So the 2nd time cost me nothing. The A/C problem is in the 2016-2021 model. Hopefully the 2022 has changed.
How have things been going in your new Civic @11thGenSonicGray? Which model do you have?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts