11th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think of this news?

I'm a Honda fan... and just by coincidence a Max Verstappen fan. I really want Honda to stay. But I think I want Max to win a Formula 1 World Championship more.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Although I'm an F1 fan, I think it was a good move because while many automaker have been public about BIG plans for zero-emissions tech, Honda has not. On the bright side, customers have been getting more exciting Honda's and Acura's to choose from lately!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was shocked by the news, Honda has been on a roll since it came back to F1. I wonder who Red Bull is going to use for their new engines after 2021. Would they have to go back to Renault?!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was shocked by the news, Honda has been on a roll since it came back to F1. I wonder who Red Bull is going to use for their new engines after 2021. Would they have to go back to Renault?!

Apparently the rules state that if they can't lock down an engine manufacturer by the start of the 2022 season then the engine manufacturer with the fewest customers is obliged to deliver engines to them.

That manufacturer... is Renault...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to update this thread. It looks like RedBull wants to buy Honda's engine technology to they can build the engines themselves from here.

Would Honda go for something like that?

·
Registered
68 Posts
That would be incredible if Red Bull all of a sudden starts making their own engines. If Honda is getting out of the game forever I don't see why they wouldn't sell to Red Bull and then use the money towards their electric car development.

On another note I came across this great video that shows how Honda has impacted F1 over the years.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Either way, looks like RedBull is making a decision soon!

Apparently before the 2021 season ends.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Maybe Ferrari?

As to who that power unit supplier would be, Horner admitted to having conversations with all three of Formula 1’s other current suppliers, Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault, over the Eifel Grand Prix weekend – although Mercedes’ Team Principal Toto Wolff said he wouldn’t want to supply Red Bull, while Renault and Red Bull went through an infamously rocky breakup at the end of the 2018 season.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ferrari sucks right now, but they'll be better come 2022.

I think RedBulls success with Vettel was all using Ferrari power.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'd be surprised if Ferrari sold their engines to Red Bull but it could be possible. I still think buying Honda is the best bet.

I think it was Jeremy Clarkson that said "when Ferrari makes good cars they suck at F1 and when they're good at F1 their cars suck" lol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd be surprised if Ferrari sold their engines to Red Bull but it could be possible. I still think buying Honda is the best bet.

I think it was Jeremy Clarkson that said "when Ferrari makes good cars they suck at F1 and when they're good at F1 their cars suck" lol.
I've never heard that, but it make some sense.

Although Ferrari had a solid F1 car right up until the FIA killed their current engine.

Excited to see the race in Portugal this weekend. Not a good start for Max though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts