11th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT?

This is pretty amazing news.

""According to a source close to Honda," Forbes magazine reported, "the brand’s marketing gurus are seriously considering the launch of a next-generation S2000 that could surface to celebrate the coupe’s 25th anniversary in 2024." The news gets even better: The new S2000 likely won't be electric and will use a modified version of the current Type R Civic, a 2.0L turbo four cylinder engine."

·
Registered
187 Posts
WHAT?

This is pretty amazing news.

""According to a source close to Honda," Forbes magazine reported, "the brand’s marketing gurus are seriously considering the launch of a next-generation S2000 that could surface to celebrate the coupe’s 25th anniversary in 2024." The news gets even better: The new S2000 likely won't be electric and will use a modified version of the current Type R Civic, a 2.0L turbo four cylinder engine."

Holy **** this would be amazing, I wonder if Honda's been watching Toyota with the Supra and Nissan with the new Z and said "we want some of that".

·
Registered
233 Posts
Holy **** this would be amazing, I wonder if Honda's been watching Toyota with the Supra and Nissan with the new Z and said "we want some of that".
That is likely.
Both Nissan and Toyota helped to make it clear how consumers react to new sports cars these days and for the Z its been overwhelmingly positive.

·
Registered
221 Posts
An interesting point made in this video. Would Honda build the S2000 by themselves or do they use their partnership with GM or someone else to get a RWD platform.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh goodness, DO NOT use a GM platform.

I used to own an S2000 and loved the guys in their Soltices thinking they had an S2000... NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Oh goodness, DO NOT use a GM platform.

I used to own an S2000 and loved the guys in their Soltices thinking they had an S2000... NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.
I hope they don't partner with GM either, I hope they're willing to spend the money have a Honda designed platform for the S2000.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts