11th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Max Verstappen today!

http://instagr.am/p/CIs87c3BaCg/
Was great to see it. That makes RedBull the only team to get a pole position other than Mercedes. And obviously the only other engine manufacturer to do so as well.

Fingers cross Max can convert this tomorrow!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the pole-sitting run!

I love watching this guy drive!

And just listen to those downshifts!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Somehow I've never made it to an F1 race. Maybe next year.

Oh, and speaking of sounds... this was pretty cool. Ahead of the Abu Dhabi race this past weekend Fernando Alonso did some practice runs in his old Renault R25 that he won the 2005 Championship in.

Sounds FANTASTIC!

·
Registered
221 Posts

Oh, and speaking of sounds... this was pretty cool. Ahead of the Abu Dhabi race this past weekend Fernando Alonso did some practice runs in his old Renault R25 that he won the 2005 Championship in.

Sounds FANTASTIC!

As far as F1 sounds go this gets me every time.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to say this has got to be my all time favorite F12 audio

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, it was great to see Max finally win a race.

That was one of the best F1 seasons I've seen in years. So much unpredictability.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Its being reported that Red Bull is ‘close to a conclusion’ on 2022 power unit.
“We’ve got constructive discussions going on with Honda and the FIA, and I think that we are close to coming to a conclusion,” Horner said, as quoted by Autosport.

“The FIA are consulting the other teams. I think there’s alignment regarding a freeze. It’s just, should there be a safety net if an engine manufacturer under shoots from one season to the next? Otherwise, to lock in performance for three years, could be quite damaging.”

Honda are happy for Red Bull to continue to using its intellectual property after they have left the sport, but did concede that the operation will bring logistical challenges.

“In Milton Keynes, we mainly develop and then manufacture the ERS system area, and the main ICE is developed in Sakura R&D in Japan,”Honda technical director Toyoharu Tanabe said.

“It’s a very complicated situation, especially in Honda Formula 1. The discussion is ongoing now. We haven’t got any conclusion yet so we will consider every circumstance in our project.”

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For those on the Honda F1 bandwagon, I'm not a huge Albon fan but I saw this morning that he'll be racing in DTM next season when his RedBull reserve driver status isn't being taken over by the F1 team.

·
Registered
188 Posts

Sounds FANTASTIC!

It's not a F1 car but the sound is pretty damn close. Pagani shared this video of their new V12 R engine and the thing is GLORIOUS.

6.0L NA
850 hp at 8800 rpm
9200 rpm redline

1 - 13 of 13 Posts