11th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Great promo but I wish Honda did more for the FK8 Type R in its final years before the 11th gen arrives.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome @rogermoore. The prototype gave a generic look at the upcoming Civic lineup, but does represent more of what the Si sedan will look like. Not so much the Type R. Any specific things you want to see in the next Type R?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Though FK8 Type R is expected to get mostly a limited slip differential upfront, upgraded suspension and a 2.0L Turbo, the 2022 Civic Type is a good performance bargain. I could find that the next-gen Type R will also get styling cues from 2022 Civic prototype. see this - 2022 Honda Civic Prototype Preview- Expected Launch Date, Features, Design, Specs & Pictures
Welcome to the forum @rogermoore! For the amount of performance you get right out of the factory it's hard to beat the Type R. Have you owned any yourself?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome @rogermoore. The prototype gave a generic look at the upcoming Civic lineup, but does represent more of what the Si sedan will look like. Not so much the Type R. Any specific things you want to see in the next Type R?
That's true, as of Type R, I expect Honda to offer a quick-shifting dual-clutch automatic as an option, something which Veloster N has. Though the manual will always be my first choice.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's true, as of Type R, I expect Honda to offer a quick-shifting dual-clutch automatic as an option, something which Veloster N has. Though the manual will always be my first choice.
Maybe for the next gen Type R but it's likely that this one will still be a manual only.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts