11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just washed the car for the first time earlier today and I haven't really paid attention because I'm always busy at work and all but when I got home from the car wash I noticed patches of faded or washed out black paint all around the side of the vehicle. I tried wiping it with a clean microfibre towel but it seems to be an issue on the paint itself. It is really noticeable when it's in a bright area. I don't think I should be having this issue as this is a brand new car. This is really upsetting and ever since I discovered it I haven't been in straight mind and it hurts haha

·
Registered
22 Posts
Why is there no gas cap? Honda saves $3 that way? Is there an after-market gas cap that would fit?
it’s a convenience factor. capless gas tanks are meant to be easier and safer for people to use when filling the tank

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve used self serve car washes using their water jet “wand” and a lambs wool wash mitt and bucket. Here’s a video that warns against using the local car wash, but provides tips on keeping especially a black car like new. There’s a great tip for when drying the car where you never wipe, but use absorbent microfiber towels to pat dry a car to leave no dried water marks, clear coat scratches, or swirls marks. It works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts