11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just washed the car for the first time earlier today and I haven't really paid attention because I'm always busy at work and all but when I got home from the car wash I noticed patches of faded or washed out black paint all around the side of the vehicle. I tried wiping it with a clean microfibre towel but it seems to be an issue on the paint itself. It is really noticeable when it's in a bright area. I don't think I should be having this issue as this is a brand new car. This is really upsetting and ever since I discovered it I haven't been in straight mind and it hurts haha

·
Registered
29 Posts
Why is there no gas cap? Honda saves $3 that way? Is there an after-market gas cap that would fit?
it’s a convenience factor. capless gas tanks are meant to be easier and safer for people to use when filling the tank

·
Registered
86 Posts
I’ve used self serve car washes using a lambs wool wash mitt and two buckets. Pro tip - Make sure you’re lathering the car with enough soap and water to then let gravity pull away the excess dirt off the car first, before ever thinking about using your mitt/cloth to wipe clean. A good minute should be enough. This method will greatly reduce the chance of any scratching when you start hand washing.

When washing, dip your mitt in your buckets often to release dirt. Use one side of your wash mitt for the driver‘s side, then flip it around on your palm to the other side when washing the passenger side to again reduce chances of leaving any swirl marks.

Here’s a video that warns against using the local car wash, but provides a great tip for when drying the car where you NEVER WIPE with your absorbent microfiber towels. Instead, you more carefully pat dry a car to leave no dried water marks, clear coat scratches, or swirls marks. It works.

Another common sense tip is to always use a brand new wash mitt to wash your car, and a dedicated new microfiber for drying. If you’re going to be using older mitts or microfiber towels, at least make sure they’re freshly washed and dried before touching your car. You’d be surprised how many people use old or dirty microfibers to wipe their car and are shocked when they scratch it. :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I just washed the car for the first time earlier today and I haven't really paid attention because I'm always busy at work and all but when I got home from the car wash I noticed patches of faded or washed out black paint all around the side of the vehicle. I tried wiping it with a clean microfibre towel but it seems to be an issue on the paint itself. It is really noticeable when it's in a bright area. I don't think I should be having this issue as this is a brand new car. This is really upsetting and ever since I discovered it I haven't been in straight mind and it hurts haha
The paint is extremely cheap on these 11th gens. I did a quick detail today on the back of my car because it was dirty and all of my clean microfibre clothes left microswirls all over the paint and I’m so upset about it. I haven’t been in a straight mind since either. I contacted the dealer to see if they can do anything as the paint should not be THIS bad after a few wipes.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grille Hood

·
Registered
166 Posts
The paint is extremely cheap on these 11th gens. I did a quick detail today on the back of my car because it was dirty and all of my clean microfibre clothes left microswirls all over the paint and I’m so upset about it. I haven’t been in a straight mind since either. I contacted the dealer to see if they can do anything as the paint should not be THIS bad after a few wipes. View attachment 4806
Looks like some dirt was on your cloth. This is not a deflect with the paint. You might not see it but something on your cloth did this… 100%.
But it isn’t an issue, this will fix it

I used this many times and it will remove those marks no issue at all.
You have to be extremely mindful when polishing your car, any small tiny dirt on the cloth will cause these scratches. I detail cars all the time and i personally seen this a million times

·
Registered
43 Posts
The dealer will help you. I had an issue with my sport wheels. They all had light spots on them. The dealer gave me a lender vehicle and they repainted all 4 wheels. Good luck.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The dealer will help you. I had an issue with my sport wheels. They all had light spots on them. The dealer gave me a lender vehicle and they repainted all 4 wheels. Good luck.
Repaint???
I thought those are alloy with special clear coat? Or are OEM painted in black with no coating?

Anyway with all this paint issues, adaptive cruise issues, I think I will pass on first year car. Everything went down the drain with car development. I guess donkeys do hardware/software development and monkeys do QA testing.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Repaint???
I thought those are alloy with special clear coat? Or are OEM painted in black with no coating?

Anyway with all this paint issues, adaptive cruise issues, I think I will pass on first year car. Everything went down the drain with car development. I guess donkeys do hardware/software development and monkeys do QA testing.
Are you considering any other vehicles at the moment?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts