11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2022 Civic Sport and looking for immediate ways to carry my mountain bike. I called Yakima and Thule about roof racks and they said they don't have any that fit the 2022 Civic yet. I also looked into install a hitch and again ran into same issue. Just trying this forum to see if anyone else was successful finding either of these components that worked or have a creative short term or long term fix to hauling a mountain bike/bikes. Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcomes! I called a couple of hitch companies local and they said that a aftermarket hitch doesn't exist right now. I was looking for some tribal knowledge to see if anyone had a creative work around that would provide a quick fix. I ride a Santa Cruz Megatower which is bulky and tends to gets dirty. The hunt continues! Thanks again for the replies!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
No offense, but you should have thought about it in advance. I started looking for a Thule fit kit to move my roof rack from the old Corolla to a gen10 last year, with expectation that it will be used starting this summer, found one on eBay in the spring, and I just checked - no other has been offered since. Of course that's in part because Thule stopped supporting my towers, but I've been using their racks for a long time, and buying in advance is a way of life with them.
For now - get an old blanket to protect the trunk, or a cheap trimmable rubber liner, and carry it inside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts