11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm looking to get a set of steel wheels for my 22 Si for winter and I'm reading that a few of you are using 215/50/17 winter tires with great results. Can any of you tell me the exact specifications of the 17 inch steel wheels so I can find a set? Or where you got them? Also, if they are from Honda what is the part number? I don't know anything about bolt patterns and offsets and all that extra stuff. Total noob here sorry. Any help would be great because when I contacted the dealer I purchased the car from all they said they had was 16 inch steel wheels under the civic category and I've read that the 16s won't fit because of the Si's brakes. Of course he had no idea what I was talking about. Also, does anyone know if the 16s will work? Thank you all for any insight! Sorry for the run-on I'm on my phone and trying to get ready for work.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2002 Peugeot 106 S16
12 Posts
If you're looking for an easy solution, take a look at Tire Rack. They are reputable and can put a complete package together and ship it right to you. You can choose steel wheels or alloys. I prefer alloys as I hate rusty steel wheels and the cost difference usually isn't huge.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Also a SI Owner. I bought these nice cheap aftermarket alloys for a miserable 100$ each at my Honda dealership and they will fit my upcoming 215/50/17 Blizzak ws90 from Costco. I know RTX are Canada based (China made…) wheels, but maybe the specs can help you. They need a center spacer ring to work though.

Font Gas Number Circle Wood

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I'm using 17 inch Honda steel rims, my dealer supplied them so I don't know about the exact size, but sufficient to run the 215 /50 /17 tires noted above. This is the smallest rim you can use on an Si, you can go with 16's on other models. Narrow tires work best for winter use.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Go with TireRack. Punch in your SI and pick the winter tire and rim package. It should ship with lug nuts (you will likely need different ones depending on the wheel you select) and centering rings - yes you need those. What Zero says go with a slightly smaller rim that will give you more side wall and a little more narrow.

Here's what I ended up doing with my Accord:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Tread

They will work on my non-SI Civic too. A little less than ideal sizing but due to the pandemic the snows have very low miles on them.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Tread

Reactions: jmack85

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate everyones input. Tire rack was surprisingly effective. I'm not sure why I thought they wouldn't sell steelies. Anyways, I just placed an order for closeout 2018 model blizzak ws90 215/50R17s. They were $99 a piece. Fingers crossed they arent dry rotted or something. The 17x7 steel wheels were $109 a piece. Mounted, balanced, with lug nuts, and shipped to the house $890. As long as everything fits properly, I think I did perty good.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I appreciate everyones input. Tire rack was surprisingly effective. I'm not sure why I thought they wouldn't sell steelies. Anyways, I just placed an order for closeout 2018 model blizzak ws90 215/50R17s. They were $99 a piece. Fingers crossed they arent dry rotted or something. The 17x7 steel wheels were $109 a piece. Mounted, balanced, with lug nuts, and shipped to the house $890. As long as everything fits properly, I think I did perty good.
Good deal, dry rot doesn't set in until after 10 years so I am sure you will be fine. Closeouts are a great way to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered the same 17x7 steel wheels from Tire Rack on 10/10/22. Original delivery date was 10/29, but just checked and now pushed back to 11/4. Are you getting the same thing on yours?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got my steel wheel and winter tire package from TireRack yesterday. NO hub centric rings included. So after waiting over an extra month because of back order bs, I still can't put them on the car. I was under the impression that this was a "package" and supplied with all of the shit necessary to make it compatible with my vehicle. Can someone recommend me the proper hub centric rings to make these 17x7 steel wheels work on my Si please? And thank you and Happy Thanksgiving yall!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Finally got my steel wheel and winter tire package from TireRack yesterday. NO hub centric rings included. So after waiting over an extra month because of back order bs, I still can't put them on the car. I was under the impression that this was a "package" and supplied with all of the shit necessary to make it compatible with my vehicle. Can someone recommend me the proper hub centric rings to make these 17x7 steel wheels work on my Si please? And thank you and Happy Thanksgiving yall!
I've never needed hub centric rings for steelies. 3 different sets of steelies on 4 different Honda's. Did you try them or measure them?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No i didnt measure or try them because of my schedule and timing between my work and the holiday. The asshat from tirerack said these wheels required hub centric rings. But didn't say they were not included. That's the only reason I'm still currently on this path. To my knowledge the factory civic si hub bore is 64.1, I guess I'll have my friend measure the wheel bore and that will tell me what ring to buy or have made. This just quickly turned into more bullshit than I wanted it to. Sometimes paying a little more for convenience is the way to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts