11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. Recently purchased a new Touring, Platinum White. Traded in my 2020 Civic EX-L. The old Civic was a nice car but I do like the new model better. Looking forward to being a part of the community.....Pat

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you see any objective difference? How many miles was on your old civic? Did you buy that one new?
Anything you liked more on the previous model? How is the ride stability between the two?

·
Registered
547 Posts
New to the forum. Recently purchased a new Touring, Platinum White. Traded in my 2020 Civic EX-L. The old Civic was a nice car but I do like the new model better. Looking forward to being a part of the community.....Pat
Congratulations @Pat! Welcome to the forum! From your experience how would you compare the two? What stands out the most?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Pat

From what you observed, how does build quality compare between both Civic generations?
Anything from your 2020 model that you miss?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum @Pat

From what you observed, how does build quality compare between both Civic generations?
Anything from your 2020 model that you miss?
Both are fine cars. Build quality I'd say is a wash. I bought the 2020 EX-L new and it had about 12,000 miles when traded. The things I didn't like about that car were minor but now that I have the new model I realize how much I like the new car better. Tire noise is about the same even though the old car had 17's. I think it was the Firestone tires which have AWFUL reviews. The 18" Goodyear's are inherently loud because of being a UHP tire but it sure helps in the driving dynamics. I drive 30 miles to work (60 round trip) with about half that on twisty mountain roads and the new car is so much more fun to drive. It stays flat in the curves and feels more stable. I was averaging 38mpg in the old car but haven't really checked the new car yet. I drive in Sport mode about half the time. The start/stop is an annoyance but I've got myself in the habit of turning it off every time I start it. The Blind spot monitoring on the new car blows the old car system away. The Bose isn't mind blowing but better than the old car. At modest volume levels the lows are good and the mids and highs are crisp. I consider myself an audiophile and they did a good job. I really like the dash layout, console layout and seating comfort of the new car much better. Would I like a new LX better than my old EX-L, probably not but being the Touring yes.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Both are fine cars. Build quality I'd say is a wash. I bought the 2020 EX-L new and it had about 12,000 miles when traded. The things I didn't like about that car were minor but now that I have the new model I realize how much I like the new car better. Tire noise is about the same even though the old car had 17's. I think it was the Firestone tires which have AWFUL reviews. The 18" Goodyear's are inherently loud because of being a UHP tire but it sure helps in the driving dynamics. I drive 30 miles to work (60 round trip) with about half that on twisty mountain roads and the new car is so much more fun to drive. It stays flat in the curves and feels more stable. I was averaging 38mpg in the old car but haven't really checked the new car yet. I drive in Sport mode about half the time. The start/stop is an annoyance but I've got myself in the habit of turning it off every time I start it. The Blind spot monitoring on the new car blows the old car system away. The Bose isn't mind blowing but better than the old car. At modest volume levels the lows are good and the mids and highs are crisp. I consider myself an audiophile and they did a good job. I really like the dash layout, console layout and seating comfort of the new car much better. Would I like a new LX better than my old EX-L, probably not but being the Touring yes.
Did you get a chance to look at a LX as well as the Touring?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts