11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gorgeous Type R @Alejo CTR! Congrats and welcome to the forum! What are your initial thoughts on the car since it's your first Honda?
So far so good! Fit and finish is very good. The only thing is that it鈥檚 a bit bouncy because of how the suspension is designed but its not unbearable. Overall has been really good! 馃榿馃憤馃徏

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Alejo CTR hope you plan on doing a review of it, dying to hear about it from an owners perspective! Is it your first Type R or sporty Honda, or have you owned others in the past?
I owned a Scion tC for 15 years. That was my first 鈥渟port car鈥. I did full suspension (adjustable sway bars, shocks and springs, c-pillar bar, adjustable end links and camber, wheels and tires) on that car and it was actually pretty fun to drive even though i never did mod the engine.

The type R would be basically where i left the Scion tC as far as suspension goes but with an extra 150whp. In between the Scion tC and the type R i daily drove a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee altitude which was a lot better than i imagine would be and very practical.

After this 2 weeks of driving the Type R I have to say that I have 0 regrets of switching from comfort and practical to this fun adults gokart with ac and radio! 馃ぃ

Registered
I owned a Scion tC for 15 years. That was my first 鈥渟port car鈥. I did full suspension (adjustable sway bars, shocks and springs, c-pillar bar, adjustable end links and camber, wheels and tires) on that car and it was actually pretty fun to drive even though i never did mod the engine.

The type R would be basically where i left the Scion tC as far as suspension goes but with an extra 150whp. In between the Scion tC and the type R i daily drove a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee altitude which was a lot better than i imagine would be and very practical.

After this 2 weeks of driving the Type R I have to say that I have 0 regrets of switching from comfort and practical to this fun adults gokart with ac and radio! 馃ぃ
Glad to hear you're loving the car so far @Alejo CTR! What's been your favorite thing about driving the Type R since you've owned it?

Registered

Did you consider any other sporty cars before going with the FL5?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you consider any other sporty cars before going with the FL5?
I also considered the GR86, BMW M240i and GR Corolla. The 86 had a low roof making it too uncomfortable for me to get in and out. The BMW M240i lost me when they replaced the dash for the new dash pannel that鈥檚 one piece connected to the infotainment screen. The GR Corolla took to long and possibly will be a very low allocation car making the FL5 the only right answer in my case.

Registered
I also considered the GR86, BMW M240i and GR Corolla. The 86 had a low roof making it too uncomfortable for me to get in and out. The BMW M240i lost me when they replaced the dash for the new dash pannel that鈥檚 one piece connected to the infotainment screen. The GR Corolla took to long and possibly will be a very low allocation car making the FL5 the only right answer in my case.
Nice cars to choose from. I wanted to like the GR Corolla but in this segment Honda almost always wins. Even Ford couldn't rival the Type R with their Focus RS.

Did you test drive the GR86 and M240i?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice cars to choose from. I wanted to like the GR Corolla but in this segment Honda almost always wins. Even Ford couldn't rival the Type R with their Focus RS.

Did you test drive the GR86 and M240i?
I did get to drive the GR86 and what drove me away from it as an option was how uncomfortable getting in and out from the car is because of the low roofline, although I have to say the car drove amazing. The M240i I didn鈥檛 get to test drive it since there was none available to do so and they are mostly being sold as special orders mostly since allocations are extremely low here in the island.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts