11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I recently purchased a 2022 Civic Si.

Previously I have owned 7 V8 Mustangs of various generations. My last car was a 2019 Mustang Bullitt. It was a great car but had some problems that I didn’t want to deal with anymore, even though it was still under warranty.

I have really been enjoying how simple and fun the new Civic Si is to drive. Despite being 280 horsepower down from my previous car, the Civic Si feels great to drive. I look forward to the road ahead!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
964 Posts

Previously I have owned 7 V8 Mustangs of various generations. My last car was a 2019 Mustang Bullitt. It was a great car but had some problems that I didn’t want to deal with anymore, even though it was still under warranty.

I have really been enjoying how simple and fun the new Civic Si is to drive. Despite being 280 horsepower down from my previous car, the Civic Si feels great to drive. I look forward to the road ahead!

View attachment 12554

View attachment 12555
Congrats on getting your Si @AceSi and welcome to the forum! Were the problems you had with your last Mustang the reason you Switched? Are you going to modify your Si or keep it stock?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on getting your Si @AceSi and welcome to the forum! Were the problems you had with your last Mustang the reason you Switched? Are you going to modify your Si or keep it stock?
Thank you! The problems definitely contributed to the switch. For the amount I was paying, I didn’t feel like the quality and performance matched. I can overlook minor things, but things like excessive free play in the drivetrain, electrical problems, engine knocking, abnormal vibrations, and more were unacceptable to me for a car that I purchased new. For comparison I had a 2000 Mustang GT with 174k miles that had less clunks, vibrations, and drivetrain free play than my 2019 Bullitt. I got to the point where I was done accepting poor quality from American manufacturers.

For now I’m intending to leave the engine stock. I think 500 whp in this chassis would feel amazing though!

·
Vendor
11 Posts

View attachment 12554

View attachment 12555
Congrats on the new ride!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts