11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Welcome to the forum @hpbyhermann . I know we should talk about your Civic, but I have to ask what made you buy the NSX. It's no secret the NSX didn't quite go over as Honda planned.

I did drive one once and it was pretty damn impressive. Still, I'm curious what made you pick one up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome @hpbyhermann. You must be one of very few folks own both a newer Type R and NSX!
How do you think Honda could make the 11th Type R even better?
It's a very good package as it without a doubt. Better cooling from the factory and 18" or 19" wheels instead of the 20" wheels that are fragile and break easily. I'd start with that. Also at least a Dual Clutch transmission as an option. Let's face the truth, nothing shifts faster than that!!👍

·
Registered
739 Posts
It's a very good package as it without a doubt. Better cooling from the factory and 18" or 19" wheels instead of the 20" wheels that are fragile and break easily. I'd start with that. Also at least a Dual Clutch transmission as an option. Let's face the truth, nothing shifts faster than that!!👍
DCT would be fantastic. I don't see Honda doing it, but I wish they would.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum @hpbyhermann . I know we should talk about your Civic, but I have to ask what made you buy the NSX. It's no secret the NSX didn't quite go over as Honda planned.

I did drive one once and it was pretty damn impressive. Still, I'm curious what made you pick one up.
I honestly have to disagree with the way the car has gone over. Those of us that actually OWN one absolutely love them. In fact we have a second Gen Facebook group and I have yet to hear someone disliking the car. Many members have first and second Gen NSX's and are in love with their NC1'S! The people who DON'T like them are usually Gen 1 owners that haven't spent any real time in one or simply parrots who repeat what the other no experiencers say. Pretty sad honestly. I own a performance shop and I tune for a living. I've done that since 1993 so I'm a pretty good judge of a great performance car. The NC1 is a true Dr. Jekyll and Mr.Hyde experience.....it can be quiet and unassuming or it can be absolutely astonishing. I have 3 performance modifications on my NSX, a simple JB4 tuning device, K&N drop in filters and Science of Speed downpipes (more for sound than anything else!) With no cooling down ect. I Tested my car with my Dragy and ran 10:46 @133.46 mph and it has gone 0-60 in 2.6 seconds. I wouldn't trade this car for anything else. My wife's parents have big time exotics (GT2-RS, 720S ect.) and they loved the NSX so much they both have them as well! I think that is a good unbiased review.👍

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I honestly have to disagree with the way the car has gone over. Those of us that actually OWN one absolutely love them. In fact we have a second Gen Facebook group and I have yet to hear someone disliking the car. Many members have first and second Gen NSX's and are in love with their NC1'S! The people who DON'T like them are usually Gen 1 owners that haven't spent any real time in one or simply parrots who repeat what the other no experiencers say. Pretty sad honestly. I own a performance shop and I tune for a living. I've done that since 1993 so I'm a pretty good judge of a great performance car. The NC1 is a true Dr. Jekyll and Mr.Hyde experience.....it can be quiet and unassuming or it can be absolutely astonishing. I have 3 performance modifications on my NSX, a simple JB4 tuning device, K&N drop in filters and Science of Speed downpipes (more for sound than anything else!) With no cooling down ect. I Tested my car with my Dragy and ran 10:46 @133.46 mph and it has gone 0-60 in 2.6 seconds. I wouldn't trade this car for anything else. My wife's parents have big time exotics (GT2-RS, 720S ect.) and they loved the NSX so much they both have them as well! I think that is a good unbiased review.👍
That's one of a 1-2 punch to have @hpbyhermann! Welcome to the forum! Is your Type R stock or have you made some mods to it (other than those sweet wheels).
Thank you!👍 My Type R is lowered on Eibach Sportlines with SPC rear camber arms, I'm running 265-35-18 Bridgestone Potenza RE71R's on Volk TE37SL's. My performance modifications are Hondata tune by me with RV6 catted downpipe and front pipe, the rest of the exhaust system is factory. I have a PRL intercooler and a PRL Stage 1 intake tube with a K&N drop in filter. Lots of Alcantara interior add ons.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I agree. The stock wheels do seem too big.
What do you think about the rumors saying 11th Type R could go hybrid? I imagine it will be with tech trickled down from the NSX.

·
Registered
739 Posts

Thank you!👍 My Type R is lowered on Eibach Sportlines with SPC rear camber arms, I'm running 265-35-18 Bridgestone Potenza RE71R's on Volk TE37SL's. My performance modifications are Hondata tune by me with RV6 catted downpipe and front pipe, the rest of the exhaust system is factory. I have a PRL intercooler and a PRL Stage 1 intake tube with a K&N drop in filter. Lots of Alcantara interior add ons.
I do think history will remember the NSX more favorably than the way its perceived right now.

Do those rear camber arms on the Civic make much of a difference?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do think history will remember the NSX more favorably than the way its perceived right now.

Do those rear camber arms on the Civic make much of a difference?
I agree with you, I'm fine with it since the value of my car has already appreciated! The camber arms are great quality and allowed me to dial in the specifications I wanted to run.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I agree with you, I'm fine with it since the value of my car has already appreciated! The camber arms are great quality and allowed me to dial in the specifications I wanted to run.
The Porsche 918 gets a ton of respect, as it should, and the new NSX is said to be a much more affordable version of it. That to me says a lot and over time I'm sure it'll be as appreciated as the original NSX is now via skyrocketing values. 10 years ago NSX's were actually cheap!

Did you test out anything else before going with the NSX? Like a Mclaren 570, GT-R, 911, etc.?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Porsche 918 gets a ton of respect, as it should, and the new NSX is said to be a much more affordable version of it. That to me says a lot and over time I'm sure it'll be as appreciated as the original NSX is now via skyrocketing values. 10 years ago NSX's were actually cheap!

Did you test out anything else before going with the NSX? Like a Mclaren 570, GT-R, 911, etc.?
You are 100% right!!👍 I have always wanted a NSX since the first renderings came out. I'm very lucky to have experienced most of the exotics on the market, family members have an extensive list! (720S, GT2-RS, 911 Turbo, Lamborghinis and Ferraris ect.) I always wanted a reliable supercar that I didn't have to spend a lot of time on to keep running! The NSX is exactly that car. There is a guy I know of that has 85,000 miles on his 17' NSX with a tune and bolt-ons that hasn't ever broken ANYTHING...😱 Lots of the brands I listed require extensive work to keep them running, even out of the car repairs. NOT FOR ME!!🤣

·
Registered
739 Posts
You are 100% right!!👍 I have always wanted a NSX since the first renderings came out. I'm very lucky to have experienced most of the exotics on the market, family members have an extensive list! (720S, GT2-RS, 911 Turbo, Lamborghinis and Ferraris ect.) I always wanted a reliable supercar that I didn't have to spend a lot of time on to keep running! The NSX is exactly that car. There is a guy I know of that has 85,000 miles on his 17' NSX with a tune and bolt-ons that hasn't ever broken ANYTHING...😱 Lots of the brands I listed require extensive work to keep them running, even out of the car repairs. NOT FOR ME!!🤣
That's a lot of miles. When I got the chance to drive an NSX it really was amazingly civilized. Only Porsche offers that IMO.

The issue with Porsches, as much as I love them, is that most folks can't tell a GT3 RS from a base Boxster.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's a lot of miles. When I got the chance to drive an NSX it really was amazingly civilized. Only Porsche offers that IMO.

The issue with Porsches, as much as I love them, is that most folks can't tell a GT3 RS from a base Boxster.
I 100% agree......but one day I want to add either a GT3 OR GT3-RS to my garage!😍

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Wow, that says a lot about the NSX, but I'm not surprised after learning about how the original NSX put Ferrari on notice! This one is definitely follows in those footsteps and has me wondering what the next gen NSX will be like. What do you think they should do next time?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, that says a lot about the NSX, but I'm not surprised after learning about how the original NSX put Ferrari on notice! This one is definitely follows in those footsteps and has me wondering what the next gen NSX will be like. What do you think they should do next time?
More factory power, both electric and engine. More aggressive tires from the factory. I just went to Toyo R888R's because I want everything that the car can give me! I'm sure greater things are to come!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts