11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody,

My name is David and mine is 22 civic hatchback sport touring. I purchase at Febuary but literally started driving around almost March. Couple days ago when I picked up something underneath my car I noticed these: For Pic 1 and Pic 2 showing all my four wheels inside some specific part is rusted as you can see. Pic 3 has another place looks serious. I am car lover but honestly know nothing about the part. I went to other dealership since I already relocated and they told me it should be fine and if I needed to blame then have to contact my original dealer. They also mentioned it may be too salted or too humid from the weather (I got it from SF and in LA now). I thought my car is still really new and now facing this problem. I want to get some suggestion or acknowledgement that some buyer has the similar issue and whether it is fixable or not under warranty.

Thanks,
David

Attachments

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Its fine.. those parts will always get rusty fast…. Every car u look under will be like that to a degree..
Yup my car has those same parts rusted, you can't prevent it, and it is normal, my Subaru WRX has similar spots like that, bare exposed steel, driving in winter will speed up the process but it will happen eventually regardless.

I tried to spray the exhaust flange with rust converter a few months ago as I had nothing better to do, it may have made a small difference, you could paint them with black paint if it bothers anyone and if one has some free time to spare.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah I have rust on exactly same location. 3500 miles, about 2 mo old. I just gave it a few good brushes with a wire brush and coated the surface with fluid film. Shouldn’t really become an issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello Everybody,

My name is David and mine is 22 civic hatchback sport touring. I purchase at Febuary but literally started driving around almost March. Couple days ago when I picked up something underneath my car I noticed these: For Pic 1 and Pic 2 showing all my four wheels inside some specific part is rusted as you can see. Pic 3 has another place looks serious. I am car lover but honestly know nothing about the part. I went to other dealership since I already relocated and they told me it should be fine and if I needed to blame then have to contact my original dealer. They also mentioned it may be too salted or too humid from the weather (I got it from SF and in LA now). I thought my car is still really new and now facing this problem. I want to get some suggestion or acknowledgement that some buyer has the similar issue and whether it is fixable or not under warranty.

Thanks,
David
You do t need to worry. It’s normal. I also have same issue. I showed it to dealer and they told me it’s normal. Even they showed me demo cars and they also have same thing. So no need to worry. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
398 Posts
All exhaust rusts....and raw iron or steel.
Secondly.......SF and anywhere basically in the bay eats up a car. Hell I've seen cars in Pacific that looked ike they came from the rust belt. Normal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts