11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I'm TdotJ4y aka Jay,

Based in Toronto, Ontario. I was in a pretty bad car accident (0 fault) in August, and my old ride was a complete write off. My old ride was a 2010 Dodge Avenger RT, it was a really good car because I did a lot of work on it. Decided to get a 2022 Civic Touring in Black because it reminded me so much about it, but its definitely an upgrade in every sense. Glad to join the 11th Gen Forum and I'm happy to start fresh with a new platform. Looking forward to connecting with you guys for the journey ahead. Cheers!:cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks very much @VTEC Goes Bwaah, I appreciate it.

Looking to do tasteful/practical upgrades and not go too crazy. The car is financed. I learned from my recent accident accident on my old car that I don't get paid back for all the money spent on modding and all that, because when you release the vehicle in a write off, all your parts are pretty much gone.

I've already put some XPEL XR Prime Plus (20%) tint from a professional tint shop. 2022 goals is to get ceramic coating done, and hopefully get some lighter weight wheel to reduce unsprung mass (Looking at Konig, Enkie, Superspeed, and Volks) and nicer rubber (Had Yokahama Avid Acend GT before and they work amazing, or might try the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S). Will also invest in the 27Won strut tower bar, and a K&N cold air intake since its an easy upgrade (benefits on economy). Later down the road will see how the car does in the winter, and will upgrade the battery if needed (-35 Canadian winters isn't fun lol). After that I was thinking to do a custom stainless steel exaust on it to show the back on the back, since the touring ones curve down under the car.

If I decide to keep that car longer, I'll look into a big brake kit (will be looking for info on if the 2022/2023 Type R Brake components are compatible, which will probably save money from buying a standalone kit, or get an aftermarket kit). Once the car is more broken into, I'll probably do the Hondata Tune, once I understand what to expect with the fuel consumption and durability issues with parts.

Basically just upgrade the car so its bulletproof, but still make it a comfortable and fun daily driver/road trip car that I can take out on the backroads.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Thanks very much @VTEC Goes Bwaah, I appreciate it.

Looking to do tasteful/practical upgrades and not go too crazy. The car is financed. I learned from my recent accident accident on my old car that I don't get paid back for all the money spent on modding and all that, because when you release the vehicle in a write off, all your parts are pretty much gone.

I've already put some XPEL XR Prime Plus (20%) tint from a professional tint shop. 2022 goals is to get ceramic coating done, and hopefully get some lighter weight wheel to reduce unsprung mass (Looking at Konig, Enkie, Superspeed, and Volks) and nicer rubber (Had Yokahama Avid Acend GT before and they work amazing, or might try the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S). Will also invest in the 27Won strut tower bar, and a K&N cold air intake since its an easy upgrade (benefits on economy). Later down the road will see how the car does in the winter, and will upgrade the battery if needed (-35 Canadian winters isn't fun lol). After that I was thinking to do a custom stainless steel exaust on it to show the back on the back, since the touring ones curve down under the car.

If I decide to keep that car longer, I'll look into a big brake kit (will be looking for info on if the 2022/2023 Type R Brake components are compatible, which will probably save money from buying a standalone kit, or get an aftermarket kit). Once the car is more broken into, I'll probably do the Hondata Tune, once I understand what to expect with the fuel consumption and durability issues with parts.

Basically just upgrade the car so its bulletproof, but still make it a comfortable and fun daily driver/road trip car that I can take out on the backroads.
That's a good call on mods. The 27Won strut tower bar has been getting pretty good reviews so far.

Since you're in the cold up in Canada are you going to get winter tires as well?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The OEM 18inch Goodyear Sport tires are All Season Tires and should hold up pretty well in the winter. Not too worried about it, but if it gets too cold like around -25C to -35C, then it might get dicey. Not even the best tires can beat ice at a certain temperature. The most important thing is to not drive too fast in certain temperatures and keeping a good distance from vehicles incase you slide forward when braking.

This is a link to the ratings of the Goodyear Eagle Sport tires:

Will run the OEM tires to the ground, and then after I'll upgrade to some premium all season GT compound tires. I used Yokahama Avid Acends before and they are very good in all types of weather including extreme cold, and all types of driving. Will keep my options open for anything better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts