11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rallye Red)
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has the Fuel Fill Door on your Honda CIvic opened by accident while going through an automatic car wash? This has already happened to me twice already. I went through 2 different types of automatic car washes; one touchless, and one touch. They both opened the Fuel Fill Door accidentally.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rallye Red)
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume the doors are not locked or why else would the fuel fill door open. I will change the settings for the door lock so the fuel fill door will lock as well….

·
Registered
2 Posts
I assume the doors are not locked or why else would the fuel fill door open. I will change the settings for the door lock so the fuel fill door will lock as well….
I have only had my car a couple weeks and have been trying to read everything I need to know before going through a car wash.
Pg 167 in my user manual under Using the Keyless Access System:
The door may be unlocked if the door handle is covered with water in heavy rain or in a car wash if the keyless remote is within range.

since unlocking the driver’s side door also unlocks the fuel door, this might be what’s happening.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have only had my car a couple weeks and have been trying to read everything I need to know before going through a car wash.
Pg 167 in my user manual under Using the Keyless Access System:
The door may be unlocked if the door handle is covered with water in heavy rain or in a car wash if the keyless remote is within range.

since unlocking the driver’s side door also unlocks the fuel door, this might be what’s happening.
Good find @Delta Flyer. I'm surprised Honda hasn't figured out a way to fix this.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Interesting. I have a wash card which gives me one wash every day for 95 days, it has not happened to me yet and I basically wash it daily in an auto washer. I can see how it happens though if the conditions are right as noted above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts