11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Ontario Canada. This week I took in my 2018 Hatchback Sport Touring so that I could pick up my new 2022 Civic Touring in white.

Added:

HPD kit and rear spoiler
Blacked out emblems
Floor mats and truck mat
Tinted windows and windshield brow
Knitted Covid-19 spike protein to the rearview mirror (lol)
Plate covers

On order:
Jets Vinyl Chrome Delete and Yellow Foglight tint

Experience so far:

I loved my white 2018 Hatchback Sport Touring. I have always been a hatchback guy but I can't seem to get into the 2022 upcoming hatch. My 2018 had some dings and imperfections that drove me mentally crazy and there were a few other issues that needed to be fixed too (ie the AC issue). I really like the more mature look of the 2022 civic sedan and couldnt resist the touring trim features (minus the chrome around the window). I wish I could have got the sport trim wheels and lack of chrome but we cant seem to customize that far lol.

The new Bose stereo system is banging! The amount of time we can spend in our car can be surprising and Bose is making it so much more enjoyable. I dont recall details on the 2018 hatchback sport touring stereo but this is an upgrade for sure.

Enjoying the position of the side mirrors. I find there is a bit more visibility for me.

I like how the wiper fluid shoots out of the wipers!

Already experiencing a lot of the auto features and appreciating them along. I have to remember not to get too close behind soeone in a drive-thru or the close object warning comes on and doesn't stop until the car moves forward lol

No issues with anything wireless at this point. Charges great and connects wirelessly to Apple CarPlay without a problem. The large screen is great too! Also loving the volume knob that my 2018 was missing. Wondering if we can upload our own photos to use as backgrounds with clock? I'll have to look into that.

Climate control knobs are amazing too. it's convenient and not annoying.
The
Center console is a better setup, in my opinion. And wireless charging has better phone positioning.

Great to have a sunglasses holder now.

I don't miss the right-side mirror camera at all. Trust me in knowing that side mirror was expensive due to the stupid camera in it. Much rather the blind spot warning system.

I'm liking the trunk vs hatch. Easy to pop the trunk and still decent storage in it for the most part.

It's nice to have AC again without trying to hassel with dealership on the possible recall. With my luck, it would be some unrelated issue. The vents in the 2022 feel like they are setup nicely too. I like the new interior look as well. We'll see how it holds up with time. Tested out the heated steering wheel one day this morning and it worked quickly!

The one annoying thing so far has been on my early morning drives to work. The camera for some of the sensing and auto features doesnt work due to the condensation I think. I might try a squeegee one morning to see if it does anything to help.

I could always post updates and other photos in this thread!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey fellow ontarian!

Congrats on the car, looks clean! Picking up my white touring tomorrow from the dealership :) I didn't get the HPD package or black out package, but i'll be blacking out the chrome trim pieces & badges.

What tint % did you get done & how are you liking it? I'm thinking about 35% front & 25% back. Additionally, got a link to those plate covers?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey fellow ontarian!

Congrats on the car, looks clean! Picking up my white touring tomorrow from the dealership :) I didn't get the HPD package or black out package, but i'll be blacking out the chrome trim pieces & badges.

What tint % did you get done & how are you liking it? I'm thinking about 35% front & 25% back. Additionally, got a link to those plate covers?

Thanks! Look forward to how you like it! I'm loving it to be honest. I find the bose stereo to be amazing.

I don't know the exact tint I got. I got it done with Honda. I just said I wanted it darker and the brow done up too.

You can find the plate covers on amazon:

Comes with the little screw caps but I busted one. I got black screws anyways and they look great!

And I got these black screws:

Good idea on blacking out the chrome too. I cant wait to get the vinyl for it. Wish it came like the sport in this area. Def post some pictures too! I will once I get the material and done up.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hey fellow ontarian!

Welcome to the forum @bill07
Are you planning to black out the trim yourself? Also curious to know how you plan to do it since there are a few ways.

Would love to see pics of your Civic!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you planning to black out the trim yourself? Also curious to know how you plan to do it since there are a few ways.
Yep, planning to plasti dip the badges & side chrome pieces - going for matte finish instead of glossy.

This is pretty much what I i'll be doing:

Picked it up last night! Calling him "baemax" from the movie 😂. The white is beautiful, it sparkles quite a bit in the sun.

Car Sky Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
@bill07 matte is definitely the way to go especially since it'll flow with the black plastic bits.
It would be great if you could share before and after pics.

Are you planning to make any other changes?

·
Registered
10 Posts
@hondapwr that's exactly what I was thinking! Will def share some before & after photos one I get it done.

Other than tint & removing chrome - going to hardwire the dashcam. I might black out the honda badge on the steering wheel as well (glossy this time to match the interior) - but undecided yet.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yep, planning to plasti dip the badges & side chrome pieces - going for matte finish instead of glossy.

This is pretty much what I i'll be doing:

Picked it up last night! Calling him "baemax" from the movie 😂. The white is beautiful, it sparkles quite a bit in the sun.

View attachment 3504
Hopefully your Civic treats you was well as baymax in the movie! What were you driving before?

·
Registered
111 Posts
We like the matte vinyl for the chrome delete around the windows, matches the OE trim well and easy to remove later if you want to change it up! Pair that with our grill overlay for a sleek look!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts