11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its snowing here where I live now and I have to say the setup for the new wipers are terrible!

when you pull on them up to put them up in the air off the windshield, they hit the paint on the hood and when you remote start your car they " move " back into position making the wiper fall back fall down in position on the windshield and hit your hood a second time!!!!

also, i've noticed that when i pull on the lever to activate the washer fluid to clean off the salt and road crap that it only comes on for a second and does a full wipe before it gives you more fluid, id prefer if you can hold it on and fluid coming out the whole time so it actually cleans off the ice and crap

this may be a long winter

·
Registered
5 Posts
its snowing here where I live now and I have to say the setup for the new wipers are terrible!

when you pull on them up to put them up in the air off the windshield, they hit the paint on the hood and when you remote start your car they " move " back into position making the wiper fall back fall down in position on the windshield and hit your hood a second time!!!!

also, i've noticed that when i pull on the lever to activate the washer fluid to clean off the salt and road crap that it only comes on for a second and does a full wipe before it gives you more fluid, id prefer if you can hold it on and fluid coming out the whole time so it actually cleans off the ice and crap

this may be a long winter
I think wiper position can be adjusted, i had my windshield replaced and before replacement the same wipers instaled did not heat any car body parts. Now the right wiper hits the the paint on the hood when i pull them up. When they move by them self they touch the glass only.

·
Registered
136 Posts
In order to replace wiper blades or to lift them up you have to do something first. Read your manual. Page 615

1. Set the power mode to ON, then to VEHICLE OFF.
2. Within 10 seconds of setting the power mode to VEHICLE OFF, hold the wiper switch in the MIST position for more than
two seconds.
- Both wiper arms are set to the maintenance position as shown in the image.
3. Lift both wiper arms

·
Registered
2022 Sport Touring Civic HPD Sonic Gray Pearl
12 Posts
In order to replace wiper blades or to lift them up you have to do something first. Read your manual. Page 615

1. Set the power mode to ON, then to VEHICLE OFF.
2. Within 10 seconds of setting the power mode to VEHICLE OFF, hold the wiper switch in the MIST position for more than
two seconds.
- Both wiper arms are set to the maintenance position as shown in the image.
3. Lift both wiper arms
Just experienced this for the first time this evening as I was about to put the wipers up for the night since it is snowing. With this design, it's likely just a matter of time before we all get our hood edges scratched up, whether we do it ourselves or someone else does it (perhaps not even realizing what they are doing). I just did a test (I have a US spec '22 Sport Touring), putting the wipers in the maint position. My testing shows once they are in the maint position, they do not appear to move at all when remote starting the vehicle (which is good), nor after fully starting the vehicle, UNLESS the stalk is in anything other than the OFF position. When not in the OFF position, they will move when the vehicle is fully started (not just remote started). In my mind, this means, in order to lift the wipers for snow/ice, you have to put them in the maint position and, to be safest, make absolutely sure the stalk stays in the OFF position. Then, after returning to the vehicle and clearing the snow/ice from the windshield, make absolutely sure the wipers are down against the glass before entering and fully starting the vehicle. If someone does not put the wipers down to the glass before fully starting the vehicle, it seems the chances are VERY high the rear edge of the hood will get chipped/scratched! Yikes!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts