11th Gen Civic Forum banner
81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I think the Red Bull ring should help Max in the points too.

It's RACE WEEK again! And I'm stoked. The Monaco GP. I don't know why I get so excited. The race usually sucks. Although the tight streets can make for big mistakes and crashes.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Mercedes posted a video on their YouTube channel that gives a look at their F1 factory. Really impressive stuff.

As someone said in the comments "Christian Horner is 100% watching this after lunch today" :LOL:

·
Registered
547 Posts
I think the Red Bull ring should help Max in the points too.

It's RACE WEEK again! And I'm stoked. The Monaco GP. I don't know why I get so excited. The race usually sucks. Although the tight streets can make for big mistakes and crashes.
I definitely get caught up in the Monaco GP as well. It's the history and prestige that always gets me.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
How did I not know Monaco Practice was today?

Perez fastest in FP1
He was on the Softs though, and Verstappen on the Medium

Surprised to see Ricciardo so far down and Latifi not bad. Mazepin was 17th. I think that's the best he's ever run, lol

·
Registered
511 Posts
I don't know if anyone here is a gamer. But if you or someone you know plays Rocket League, they have a new F1 pack that's available until May 26. You get a F1 car and liveries for all the teams.

F1 and Rocket League are also partnering on a multi-year deal.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
So Charles took pole. And by crashing at the end of qualifying he made sure no one could take it from him.

On purpose? (Probably not).

Recall the great Michael Schumacher did something like this, on purpose.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Great race in Monaco. Tough breaks for Leclerc and Bottas but a strong win for Verstappen.

Yup. REALLY sucks for Leclerc, especially as he had a great chance of winning if he could have started the race. Ferrari totally gambled on that and lost.

Excited that nott only did Max win, but he's now LEADING the Championship.

This is the first time since the German GP in 2018 that Mercedes has NOT been leading.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Looks like Mercedes finally got the wheel off. Sheesh, what a disaster for them

·
Registered
511 Posts
Christian Horner was on the High Performance Podcast and it's a fantastic episode to listen to.

Timestamps
00:10 What is high performance
01:30 Approach to life
20:00 Building a team
26:22 Addressing Red Bull for the first time
34:11 Being an optimist
37:42 Maintaining motivation
46:12 Advice from the inner circle
49:03 Creating a culture at Red Bull
55:41 Quickfire questions

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Baku FP1 just finished and Max Verstappen was back on form, 1st... and Lewis was way back in 7th.

Ferraris 2 and 3... looks like they may have found some speed.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts